Frozen lake working correctly

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

celebrindal

Frozen lake working correctly

Post by celebrindal »

Figured I'd post this one as a question before posting as a possible bug.

One side of the lake is blizzard so you can walk over it, but the other side is fine and won't let you fight across it.

Shouldn't you be able to fight across if you can walk across?

Attachments
combatbug.jpg
combatbug.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave
WarHunter

RE: Frozen lake working correctly

Post by WarHunter »

Normally the hex where the combat is taking place is the deciding factor for all things WiF. So because the hex being attacked is clear, you can't attack it across the lake side.

That is my MWiF zen feeling from the gut. I just don't feel like searching for the answer in the rules.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
rogerdubbs

Post by rogerdubbs »

Both sides are supposed to be snow or blizzard to allow movement or attacking across the lake hex side. It's in Rule 8.2.9 Terrain in the rules as coded, page 31.

"Lake hex sides are frozen if the hex on each side of the hex side is in snow or blizzard."

If that's not the case, we have a bug.

Roger
Roger
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: rogerdubbs

Both sides are supposed to be snow or blizzard to allow movement or attacking across the lake hex side. It's in Rule 8.2.9 Terrain in the rules as coded, page 31.

"Lake hex sides are frozen if the hex on each side of the hex side is in snow or blizzard."

If that's not the case, we have a bug.

Roger
Sounds good to me, Squash this bug!
Marcus Luttrell
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

You can move from the hex where the ART is to the hex the MOT is in, since both hexes are in blizzard. You can't move from Changsha to the hex the Japanese MOT is in, because Changsa is in fine weather. This means also that no attack is possible. No bug.
Peter
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

You can move from the hex where the ART is to the hex the MOT is in, since both hexes are in blizzard. You can't move from Changsha to the hex the Japanese MOT is in, because Changsa is in fine weather. This means also that no attack is possible. No bug.
Then my MWiF zen gut was working. I should listen to it more often.
Marcus Luttrell

Return to “World in Flames”