New scenario pair: Tu-22 Operationst Against US 6th Fleet in 1982 and 1989

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

blh42

New scenario pair: Tu-22 Operationst Against US 6th Fleet in 1982 and 1989

Post by blh42 »

Scenario description:
46th Air Army of Soviet Strategic Aviation (Russ. Long-Ranged Aviation, Dalnaya Aviatzia) had two main missions: attack on important NATO targets in European territory and attacks on carrier battle groups of 6th Fleet in Mediterranean.

Facts:
The Aegis Combat System is an integrated naval weapons system developed by the Missile and Surface Radar Division of RCA, and now produced by Lockheed Martin. It uses powerful computer and radar technology to track and guide weapons to destroy enemy targets.

In the year 1982, the Aegis system was yet not in service.

In the year 1989, Ticonderoga class guided missile were in service and were equipt with the Aegis system. Will this scenario still work?

Both sides playable.

Based on the article with the same title: http://orbat.com/site/history/historical/usa/tu22.html
Attachments
Tu22Oper..thFleet.zip
(287.7 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Flankerk

RE: New scenario pair: Tu-22 Operationst Against US 6th Fleet in 1982 and 1989

Post by Flankerk »

I've tried both time periods, both from USSR side (obviously), think I won the first one, failed the second, which I think is the point.

I really liked the ORBAT and plan references. Not as sure on posture? US effectively I think is neutral to me until I fire. They don't therefore really intercept my recon or jammer units.

The only one I wasn't so sure on, was the absence of Backfires. That may have been a conscious decision to be fair, but in the second scenario I did wonder at their absence. It may not have made that much of a difference, but the Blinder variants tend to limp into range.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”