You want new units - WW2 units are here

Post new mods and scenarios here.
maitrebongo

You want new units - WW2 units are here

Post by maitrebongo »

Hello,

I have made unit's counter graphics, sorted by period, by nations and by kind of counters (i think that's more friendly for creating new scenarios) by compiling pictures from vassal's lock 'n load modules, scans from paper's countersheets and some internet things.
It's a work in progress, but i will edit this post once each nation will be done :

EDITED - Added the British infantry from "In Defeat Defiance" (including in BMPs ZIP archive file)
EDITED - Added the netherland infantry from "In Defeat Defiance" (including in BMPs ZIP archive file)
EDITED - Added a second New Battle of the bulge US infantry (including in BMPs ZIP archive file)
EDITED - Modified US and german infantry to solve some backside issues (including in BMPs ZIP archive file)
EDITED - New Battle of the bulge US infantry added (including in BMPs ZIP archive file)
EDITED - All nations weapon teams added (including BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - British infantry added (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - American infantry added (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - French infantry added (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - Added "open top" to the Back counter of the M10 Volverine (as suggered by Jonj01)
EDITED - Belgian infantry added (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - German infantry added (including BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - French vehicles added (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)
EDITED - German vehicles completed (including in BMPs and PSDs ZIP archive files)

Netherland infantry :

British weapon team :

Belgian weapon team :

German weapon team :

American weapon team :

Soviet weapon team :

British infantry :

American infantry :

French infantry :

Belgian infantry :

German infantry :

Britanic vehicles :

German vehicles :

US vehicles :

USSR vehicles :

FRENCH vehicles :

As ask by jonj01 i have renamed the files and grouped there in a single archive (more friendly to download)

ALL the infantry BMP's files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-infantry-BMP-files.zip

ALL the infantry PSD's template files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-infantry-templates-PSD-files.zip

ALL the vehicles BMP's files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-vehicles-BMP-files.zip

ALL the vehicles PSD's template files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-vehicles-templates-PSD-files.zip

ALL the weapons BMP's files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-WeaponTeams-BMP-files.zip

ALL the weapons PSD's template files in a single ZIP archive :

http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/WW2-WeaponTeams-templates-PSD-files.zip

For now, this is just graphics but you can use it to make new units files (simply paste these BMP files in the \art\counters folder of your game).
Each file contains Front side (in the first and 3th column) and rear side (in the second and 4th column) of a unit. (As you can see, i miss rear side of some unit to complete... If someone has got this missing informations, it would be cool he post it here...). Each row contains 2 units.
If someone make new counters it would be more comprehensive to create a new file with the same name that describe it but with an higher number (for example : WWII-USSR-Vehicles-Sheet-01.bmp = (ERA)-(NATION)-(TYPE)-(NUMBER).bmp.)
I think that it is a good thing too to create a unique Excel unit file for all counters included in a dedicated BMP file. So each scenario's author can pick up in these files to create is own units.xls file.

"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
fran52

RE: You want new units - WW2 units are here

Post by fran52 »

Thank you very much!very useful.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

These counters look great! I can just see the New Scenarios coming out way now!
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

That's the point.

For being complete a mod (or module should i say [:'(]) must have :

- Counters (graphics and XLS/CSV files)
- Maps (graphics and MPP file)
- Scenario (MAP file)

I think it will be a kind of teamwork, that's why i propose we have to share and to organize our works.
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Working on French's (blitzkrieg module) vehicles...

[:)]
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Hi maitrebongo,

Excellent work!!!
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

Maitrebongo,

I am working on new counters too. Already have some of them in working scenarios.
Have you set up the units.csv file for all the counters?

If you post the bmp files for the counters you have shown above, I could set up the units.csv file so they work in the game.

Where are your bmp files for the counters???

I could snip the image off the forum but it will look crappy.

So could you please post the bmp files for the counters. I would prefer we don't duplicate work. But if you cannot post the bmp files.. i will simply just configure the counters I have bmp files for now. There will be many duplicates.

The images I really need are the matilda tank counters...working on a scenario where the russians make a mass attack with matildas vs germans with only artillery to defend against the tanks.

Thanks.
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

ORIGINAL: maitrebongo

If someone make new counters it would be more comprehensive to create a new file with the same name that describe it but with an higher number (for example : WWII-USSR-Vehicles-Sheet-01.bmp = (ERA)-(NATION)-(TYPE)-(NUMBER).bmp.)
I think that it is a good thing too to create a unique Excel unit file for all counters included in a dedicated BMP file. So each scenario's author can pick up in these files to create is own units.xls file.

Bongo,

For the WWII scenarios and campaigns....

There are already 5 established vehicle sheets. the four that came with the game and the one done for the Hell mod.(early german vs french..done by jcrochio). If there is another counter sheet file attached with the unit.csv for wwii please let me know.
I agree with you naming system except drop the WWII from the name...we have to type these names several time in the Units.csv file..and then see the full name for troubleshooting if the darn counter doesn't work. So a shorter name would be better. Also there is absolutely no system in place for modern conflict using this game software. So everything will be WWII.

I suggest someone...It doesn't matter who...makes a central sticky thread for all vehicle sheets and in addition to placing the sheets in their own thread, also placing them in the central sticky thread. Counters are a much bigger problem than maps as we have to keep the "units.csv" file straight in the "custom" folder.

I believe we still have 3 nation slots in the program.
Maybe only two with the French now occupying a slot in the Main program.

Anyway you are right we need to keep this organized, otherwise we will have to save the "custom" and "art" folder elsewhere then add a new "custom" and "art" file with each scenario.

Jon
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

Thanks Bongo. Im not very artsy...completely missed the save picture thing
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Ok,

I have done single archive files in the first post, with all the BMPs (but you could have downloaded it by right clicking on the pictures of the post and choose "save picture as...". The post's pictures are directly the BMP's files.)
I also have posted a single ZIP files with all the Photoshop templates with all these pictures. Each counter as its separate layer, so everybody can use it as he want...

Sure, i'm very interested if you can make a separate units.csv for each graphic file, so we can copy/paste in the central unit.csv (that can have 1000 unit in it...).

For the nation's slot : i suggest the best is to name the 2 remaining slots "axis" and "allied" and to dispatch all the nations in this 2 categories
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

I'lTl start on the unit.csv file when I get home.
Did you say you already started on a french unit.csv?

I already expanded the counter sheets by jcrochio and added another with the unit.csv and tested the counters I'll post those on this thread when I get home.

this thread is as good as anywhere to put ALL of our counters and unit.csvs

again thanks for the work...its a pain in the neck getting all those squares the right size from vassal.
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Add french vehicles graphic file

Hi, jonJ01, no i didn't say i'm starting to work on french unit.csv. For the moment, i just work on the graphic files. I have almost finish with vehicles ones (german's blitzkrieg to add...) and now i'm starting the infanteries ones and after i'll make the weapons ones.
Then if nobody hasn't worked on the unit.csv corresponding to these graphic files, i'll start to create these CSV's.
I hope that peoples work together with us to make this real [:)][:)]
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

I'll start posing unit.csv in a few hours when i get home
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

I have four of the boards done for HotB and one more scenario. One of the boards also includes an overlay. Let me know if you want it posted. Not sure how to do it has the zip is too big for matrix.
Jack
Jack
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Yes,

It will be great you don't post it here but in this new thread i made especially to compile maps : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3583418.

In addition, maybe we can create another Thread only to post scenarios files...

If you can't post your map directly on the Matrix Forum because of size limitation, i can upload it on my web server. Let me know.

By the way, i have 6 maps and 4 overlays for HotB... I'll post these in the special thread sooner.
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

great job maitrebongo, if you need help on map making just share the sources and let me know.

max
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Added 5 German infantry countersheets
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

I'm conscient that it isn't very correct to quote myself but i think this point i discut in another thread must be viewed and discuted by every person who works on new stuff for this game, so i post it here...
ORIGINAL: maitrebongo

As i say in another thread, i think that it will be a good idea if we unify our works and find together a naming system for our files.
I think these files must be usable for any of scenario's authors and for that we must create BMPs countersheets and units.csv files the more exhaustive as they can be. That's why i'm trying to include ALL the existing counters on this thread

For the moment, i have sort them by :

First : by Type : Vehicles, infantery, weapons (as it is sorted in the original HOS computer game)

second : by era (in this thread it is World War 2 but i suppose that in the futur there could be WW1, WW3, Civil War, Star Wars [X(], and so on...)

Third : by nation (and i suggest that for every new nation we sort it in "Axis" or "Allied" side because we can add only 2 new nations to the nation.csv file in the custom folder.

Furthermore, i suggest to name the BMPs files producted with this 3 informations and a consecutive number.

Also, we have to create a centralized and shared units.csv which concentrate these works in a unique file.

Like that, we can offer to the scenario's author the possibility of creating almost every scenarios on the entire war and on every frontlines they could want.

As you have seen, i'm doing the same with the maps i can find here and there.

If we don't do this, and if every scenario's author do his own BMPs nations.csv and units.csv files for a single unique scenario, it will be very soon an incredible mess on our computers...

fran52

Post by fran52 »

This is my "dream " counters sheet for the Russian.There is one position free and i hope to complete with a SU100 or t 34 1941(little difference with 1943).
This are the AFV not included in the game.I have used the pictures posted by others(Matrebongo,Laska and Jonj) and ,if useful, i want to do the same for Germany.This is a work that want to complete the East front instead to add new nationality.
Anyway,until now,I have not understood if is possible to extend the original csv file or is better to use the custom folder.
Attachments
URRS.zip
(292.64 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Pictures.I have also the turret for each AFV.

Attachments
URRS.jpg
URRS.jpg (318.42 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”