SS Generals

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

tm1

SS Generals

Post by tm1 »

I have asked this before and although forum members replied with some helpful suggestions im still at a loss as to how to replace SS Generals.
For e.g. my latest game im on turn 88 II SS Panzer korps has just arrived commanded by Generalleutnant Paul hausser
his dismissal cost is 10 admin points I have 500 admin points so that seems fine.
This leaves with of course 490 points but after hitting the button the leader replacement board is empty im posting attachment of this hopefully it works.
There are three SS Generals in the commander reports Fritz von scholz, Artur Phelps and Georg Keppler available all Major Generals but have Max command of Korps/Armee HQ.
Command restrictions tell me that to command a korps HQ you have to have the rank of Generalleutnant so in theory I should be able to use my 490 admin points to promote any of the 3 SS Generals to higher rank so as to Command II SS Panzer Korps
, well apparently not as I said the Pick a new leader screen is blank.
So just for hell of it I randomly picked a number of regular Armee Korp HQ's all with Generalleutnants and replaced them with Maj Generals who were then Promoted to Generalleutants.

So what am I missing I have the admin points I have SS Generals who could be promoted and command II SS Panzer.
I have played 6 campaign games including this one and not once have I been able to replace any SS Generals whether its a SS Korps or 6SS Panzer Armee.
I'm adding the picture it may not open directly as im just using windows paint but you should be able to click on it to see It, if any one can help with this I would be grateful.
cheers
Attachments
leader2.jpg
leader2.jpg (469.18 KiB) Viewed 36 times
gingerbread

RE: SS Generals

Post by gingerbread »

Good catch! I think this is bugged.

That said, Hausser is the best there is, so why do you want to dismiss him?
tm1

RE: SS Generals

Post by tm1 »

Well I don't really he is a fine officer it was a test to see if the SS leader replacement system was working for patch 1.07.11 because as I mentioned the previous games I played under the previous patches did not work.
In Hindsight sight I should have posted this in the tech support forum so if its a bug I hope they can fix it for the patch.
don't know how to move this post to tech forum so hope the guys working on the new patches get to read it and can do something about it.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”