1914 Mod

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

1914 Mod

Post by kirk23 »

I have made my huge new 1914 Mod fully compatible with the 1.30 patched version off the game, I'm play testing at the moment, but I will make a download available for anyone who would like a new challenge![:D]

Attachments
1914ModCampaign.jpg
1914ModCampaign.jpg (170.66 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Make it so!
kirk23

RE: 1914 Mod

Post by kirk23 »

Screen shot from huge mod, showing naval warfare in the Mediterranean.

Attachments
ItalianAr..Cruiser.jpg
ItalianAr..Cruiser.jpg (243.63 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

The French Army of Africa Infantry unit is now in the mod, plus Algiers is now a Capital city.

( This was the Army that the German Battlecruiser Goeben & Light Cruiser Breslau, were meant to attack, and disrupt this troop transport from Algieria to Toulon early in 1914.)

Attachments
FrenchAlg..thegame.jpg
FrenchAlg..thegame.jpg (36.73 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

The Russian City Tallinn & Port ( Reval ) added to the map. With the Russian Battleship based at Petrograd, this is a very strong defensive position, Germany will not find it easy, to gain any foothold in this part of the Baltic.

Attachments
RussianWa..eBaltic.jpg
RussianWa..eBaltic.jpg (192.08 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Antwerp now 2nd Capital City in Belgium, due to the early capture of Brussels by Germany, Belgium is suddenly left with no way to build any forces in game, I feel this is an error, historically after the fall of Brussels, the King made Antwerp the new Capital.

HISTORY LESSON BELOW!

Belgium had a weak fighting force of 117,000 troops, but the Belgians erected several defensive positions to keep out any invaders. The Germans invaded on August 4, declaring war on all of the Allied Powers. The 1st Army, 2nd Army, and 3rd Army were sent to invade Belgium, despite its declaration of neutrality in World War I. That same day, an advanced force of six German brigades crossed the German border and attacked the Belgian city of Liège, which was a weak city yet surrounded by a ring of fortresses. The Germans quickly seized the city, but the forts threatened the Germans' timetable. The Germans bombarded the Belgians with Big Bertha artillery and Krupp guns, but the city only fell on August 16. The real German invasion was supposed to occur on August 15, but the resistance in the city of Liège had side tracked them. On August 18, the Germans made their real invasion, and despite the delay, the Germans were able to advance down the Meuse River and capture Namur. On August 20, the Germans under the command of Alexander von Kluck seized Brussels, forcing King Albert I of Belgium and his government to retreat to the vital port city of Antwerp, which they made their capital. It was pounded away at by German artillery and mortars, but Belgian resistance stiffened as the war turned from fighting an invading force to defending their monarch. The Germans did not subdue the defences of the city until October 10th, 1914, when the last elements of Belgian opposition surrendered.

Attachments
Antwerpno..Belgium..jpg
Antwerpno..Belgium..jpg (73.89 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

This is a proposed general fix for the 1914 Scenario,to what I believe is too strong an attack against Belgium early war. Historically Germany attacked using 3 Armies, but the game has 6 Infantry units plus 1 Cavalry and 1 Artillery unit amassed against Liege, with the result that it gets over run and Captured by turn 3 or 6th Aug 1914.

With my fix in placed swapping the Garrison unit from Liege, with the Infantry unit from Brussels, Liege with stands the initial assault, and is capture next turn, which just happens to coincide with the historical time, not only that, but it has the added bonus that Brussels is captured the next turn after that, which is also the date Brussels was captured, spooky or what!

I have also changed Antwerp from a Fortress to a Capital City, which allows Belgium to at least use its production to build a garrison, I also added the City of Brugge for good measure, so that the Garrison unit when built has a hex to go in, because normally in the game you can't place diddly squat. Gamers reaction to these proposed changes are most welcome cheers![;)]

Attachments
Timelinefixed.jpg
Timelinefixed.jpg (366.98 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have had a number of email messages, wanting a link for the mod to download, I have been on holiday for the last week, and just returned today, so I'm still playing catch up. The mod is still being play tested, but rest assured I will make a download link available in the not to distant future, many thanks to anyone who is anxious to get playing the mod cheers!
Make it so!
morbius221

Post by morbius221 »

Any luck with finishing up your mod? looking forward to trying it. Are you waiting for patch 1.4 to come out first?
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi, I'm helping with the 1.40 patch at the present time, so I'm very busy with that, so as you say I will have to wait on the 1.40 patch release, before I find out how its going to effect my mod!
Make it so!
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Now that the update to Ver 1.4 is released, would you please advise on progress to a compatible update of your mod.
I also want to register my interest in the naval part (Armoured Cruisers and Dreadnaughts) that you shelved earlier
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
aesopo

Post by aesopo »

Hi Kirk,

Appreciate your efforts for this game. Your mod is a gem. Any updates?
rlr
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi folks, sorry to say but I have still to test the mod with the 1.40 release,I have been very busy with the new patch.I'm now working on 1.50.To use the mod in its present form,its not compatible with the standard game,if you want to play it, you would have to have a second install off the game,to a different directory,as it has additional unit types,naval wise there are Pre-Dreadnoughts,Armoured cruisers & destroyers,plus changes to the naval graphics.[;)]
Make it so!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

looking at yours you made me want me to do my own, so started yesterday messing about, just done a few turns and looks ok for now, must admit it's a easy game to mod and really enjoyed it, have far too much time on my hands and really do like the look and feel of the game so far, well done all...

think this game is going to be a classic[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Where can we find these mods?
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: tommict

Where can we find these mods?

Attachments
ctgw_1426447193.jpg
ctgw_1426447193.jpg (264.46 KiB) Viewed 505 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Sorry, I meant to download?
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: tommict

Sorry, I meant to download?
OK, I see what you mean! Kirk who made the MOD that's listed commented yesterday he is building a "NEW" 1914 MOD, check out his post at this thread:
tm.asp?m=3818935
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Is it possible to use the mod on the ipad version? How would I do this?

I really like SP and really like to play the CPs, but threw version has kinda killed my enjoyment. I'm hoping this mod might be the way to go. It sounds like a LOT of quality work has gone into it.
Radiance89

Post by Radiance89 »

Thank you very much ! You made my day !

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”