2nd Fleet

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Jakob Wedman

2nd Fleet

Post by Jakob Wedman »

Some days ago the kids turned over my 2nd Fleet box that was open so there were lots of counters to pick up from the floor [:(]. However they helped my counting and sorting and maybe we'll play some shorter scenario this weekend so all's well that ends well [:)]

Back in 2012 I started to make some 2nd Fleet scenarios for Command but due to uncertain copyright I didn't finish them. Now with Joint Command [&o] and turbo no-pulse Command maybe it would be possible to make a Command scenario for the 12 days advanced scenario?

Is there anyone that would like to collaborate with me on this?

Which airbases or ports are needed to build?
What events are needed to script?
How would reinforcements be handled? (Until they are implemented in Command.)
How would invasions be handled? (Until they are implemented in Command.)
Attachments
2nd Fleet.zip
(450.14 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Jakob Wedman

RE: 2nd Fleet

Post by Jakob Wedman »

Maybe with different sides for Air, Surf, Sub?

(Is it possible for one person to play more than one side in Joint Command?)
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

ORIGINAL: Jakob Wedman

(Is it possible for one person to play more than one side in Joint Command?)
Yup!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

Yup!
That's great! Then you can make a scenario for 2-6 players (COMSUBLANT, COMAIRLANT, COMSURFLANT and Soviet counterparts).

I've started with NATO submarines and surface ships and noticed that USS SSN-685 Glenard P. Lipscomb is not in Command [X(] (reported).

I guess that aircraft reinforcements could be activated using an event with time trigger and two actions that (1) teleports an airbase with the reinforcing aircrafts to within ferry range and (2) activates a ferry mission.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

I guess that aircraft reinforcements could be activated using an event with time trigger and two actions that (1) teleports an airbase with the reinforcing aircrafts to within ferry range and (2) activates a ferry mission.

Or more simply, you could put the A/C in question in 'Reserve- Available' load-out with a ready time that coincides with you intent, set up the ferry mission (no need to teleport the base in) and when the A/C become ready they will automatically ferry to your forward base. Couple that with a message to the player that they are available and your good to go. The downside of course is that the player could cheat and get the A/C early simply be setting them to a new loadout, but a comment in the opening brief will take care of that for the majority.

Reinforcement ships could either be teleported or positioned at whatever distance required to get them into the battle area at the right time.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Or more simply, you could put the A/C in question in 'Reserve- Available' load-out with a ready time that coincides with you intent, set up the ferry mission (no need to teleport the base in) and when the A/C become ready they will automatically ferry to your forward base. Couple that with a message to the player that they are available and your good to go. The downside of course is that the player could cheat and get the A/C early simply be setting them to a new loadout, but a comment in the opening brief will take care of that for the majority.

Reinforcement ships could either be teleported or positioned at whatever distance required to get them into the battle area at the right time.

B
It's been there (at least) since release [:@]

[Me ->] [&:]

[:)]
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

First post updated with .scen where I've added all surface and submarine units. Facilities and aircrafts next [:)]
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

I think there may be something amiss with the upload file. When I open it I see the one line scenario description but then there are no sides or units in the file. May want to retry the upload.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

OK, uploaded new version where I've added all ships and submarines and started with NATO aircrafts.

I'm not sure if this idea with 3 NATO and 3 Soviet (or 4 for invasions/ground units?) is really good. With six players you will only play 1/6 of the time, and it will be harder to coordinate operations between surface groups and aircrafts, but I think it will keep some of the Fleet-feeling [:)] and maybe more realism?

Edit: If the idea is bad it's possible to export/import into only two sides.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Have added the requested units to database version 440 [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

How would invasions be handled? (Until they are implemented in Command.)

You can handle an invasion in two ways:

1) use an abstract method by requiring player (or players) to get a certain type of ship to a designated area and have it remain within the referenced zone for a particular amount of time. This would simulate the landing. The player(s) would have to defend the ships from attack, but as long as the time is achieved, the mission is a success. This simulates the landed troops overcoming the defenses and taking their goal. Perhaps you can have a city marker change sides if successful and points scored to the side.

2) use actual units that are only available, or teleport to the area. Again, require ships to get to a referenced zone and be there for a period of time. This time, though, land units become available and need to engage enemy forces and move into another referenced area and hold it for a period of time, destroy a marker, or whatever. Again, if successful, maybe have a city marker change sides and score points.

I display this in my thread:

tm.asp?m=3582051&mpage=1&key=&#3582051

Hope this helps!

I might be interested in joining this game at some point.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”