Distant Worlds: Universe Questions

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

anabeces

Distant Worlds: Universe Questions

Post by anabeces »

eta?

price?

is explorer ships ai getting improved? issues like multiple explorers going to the same system or not scouting the nearest systems first? etc.

what about construction ships ai? is there a way to stop constructions ships from building/repairing outside of my empires control.

thanks in advance.
Atts

RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Questions

Post by Atts »

ETAs May 2014, price is expected to be 100USD for the full set of all 4 games but not coonfirmed. No idea about people who already own the game/games but I suspect it'll sit about 20-30 ish if you already own the other 3.

Scouting A.I can be micromanged a little to limit ships to specific quadrants but other then that I think it's intentionally randomised.

No idea about the Construction ships, I can only assume their designed to be privately owned state ships, essentially meaning they do whatever the economy requires regardless of your state territory.
Erik Rutins

RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Questions

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Anabeces,

Release is scheduled for May. We haven't announced a price yet, but we have announced that there will be a discount for owners of previous DW releases. This will be a scaling discount, so the more of the previous releases you own, the higher the discount for Universe.

Explorer Ship AI was improved quite a bit for Shadows and during the post-release Shadows updates. It received one more improvement round during Universe development that I'm aware of, but the issues you're reporting should have already been improved with Shadows.

If you automate Construction ships, they will build in the closest areas where there are resources that your empire needs the most. The need for a resource outweighs the "safety" of the resource location, so they will absolutely not limit themselves to only systems you have colonized or where your influence is greatest, if there is a system with a critical resource outside that area.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”