Revised manual posted

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Tamas

Revised manual posted

Post by Tamas »

Hello Everyone,

As Frank mentioned, the patch itself (with the manual included, of course) will arrive next week, but in the meantime, you can download the revised manual here:

http://www.slitherine.com/files/Piercin ... _EBOOK.pdf

Alex1812

RE: Revised manual posted

Post by Alex1812 »

Thanks for manual! We are really want to see 1.01 patch to start the new PBEM game
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
tombo

Post by tombo »

Thanks for the manual...much better.

Digging into the combat mechanics a little..what does a Unit's strenght point equal too? Like 2000 troops on avg? How does armor affect that number?

Also, does a attacking armor unit get benefits over a INF unit (or vice versa) in calcs.?

The Victory bar shown, does it reflect the number of victory hexes controlled or all hexes controlled, etc. please expand.

cheers
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

There's no absolute # of tubes equal to a strength point. Instead I took some divisions, worked out a combat strength based on 1 per 1,000 troops but fudged that for what I thought would feel right for staying power, firepower etc, and set their combat strengths accordingly. Then I set the other divisions and brigades based off my sample.

There's a lot of differences between infantry and armour units.

Armour and infantry units use different combat tables. Armour with 0 combat supply is weaker than infantry with 0 combat supply. But with 3 combat supply armour fires at 200%, whereas infantry fires at 166%. The terrain effects on each type mean armour is superior in clear terrain and infantry is superior in rough (mountain troops and commandos are even better in rough).

Infantry has a much shorter recovery time than armour from disruption.

Armour has a better chance of withdrawing ahead of an enemy attack and almost a 50% better chance of reinforcing a hex before its attacked. In clear terrain attacking armour units have a better chance of pinning an enemy before it can withdraw.

Of course armour units also have a higher movement rate.

The victory bar is the number of victory points accrued, the maximum being the number of points necessary to win a decisive victory.

tombo

Post by tombo »

excellent..theres so much behind the scenes here. WELL DONE!
[:D]
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: tombo

excellent..theres so much behind the scenes here. WELL DONE!
[:D]

+1

I tend to only look at the size number and terrain...guess I got some learning to do.

Hmmmmm...So those size 1 commando units can be in combat...I got them guarding ports[:(]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
radic202

Post by radic202 »

A huge thanks from me.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

ORIGINAL: radic202

A huge thanks from me.

You're welcome!
Jim Cobb

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”