Ground Unit Withdrawal

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sufa101loofa

Ground Unit Withdrawal

Post by sufa101loofa »

Can someone explain the process to withdrawal a ground unit? I can't seem to find a good explanation in the manual.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...Winston Churchill
rustysi

RE: Ground Unit Withdrawal

Post by rustysi »

Scheduled withdrawals of ground units are automatic from wherever they are located.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
sufa101loofa

Post by sufa101loofa »

So, they don't have to be in a base and no action needs to be taken; a withdrawal button on the unit's screen that needs to be selected?
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...Winston Churchill
SBD

Post by SBD »

Correct. No player input required.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Yea, but I really wish the withdrawal/disperse message came with a location.

I get that message and my fist reaction is "great now where the hell was that unit".

It would be really great to be reminded of what front in what theater my forces were just reduced.
Hans

sufa101loofa

Post by sufa101loofa »

I would hope you would at least see the withdrawal in the Operations report.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: sufaloofa

I would hope you would at least see the withdrawal in the Operations report.

You have to track them in the Unit Withdrawal button under the 'I' task bar button. A little bit of a pain, but OTOH the vast majority of ground withdrawals are either auto-convoys at the off-map bases, or small, engineer-focused units. The white-restricted big combat units, such as many on the WC, you can see as you look in their bases for deployables. The HQ listed in the HQ column on the summary screen tells you they're nailed to the WC anyway. Where I tend to get surprised is Burma/India. So far nothing I missed has been fatal to an op.
The Moose

Return to “The War Room”