This is a really good game!

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

sillyflower

RE: This is a really good game!

Post by sillyflower »

I prefer this to PK. More historical and some better systems eg no auto refit between scenarios, and more need for a balnced force.

Graphics seem fine to me - and frankly they are a very low priority in this sort of game for an old-school wargamer like me..
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Picked this game up after going back and forth. I am really enjoying it!

I just wish I could mod the images :(
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

jack54

Post by jack54 »

This was a surprise for me![:)]

The last thing I thought I needed was 'another WW2 East Front game' but this forum convinced me to try the demo. A few hours later I downloaded the game. Certainly fun IMHO. It plays fast; Less complex than the 'big boys' but still quite a bit to think about. I'm finding 'Lots of game' for $19.99 thanks!

I'm very happy with this purchase hopefully there's more to follow!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”