Alt clicking on HQ unit

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

genehaynes

Alt clicking on HQ unit

Post by genehaynes »

It looks like if you have limited staff rules in effect, Alt-clicking on a HQ unit is disabled. Is this correct?

I wanted to use the Alt-click feature to see where my subordinate units were located, but I got a message saying "Group orders are not allowed if Limited Staff rules are in effect". I understand why you're not allowed to do a group order when using limited staff rules, but I just wanted to see where the subordinate units were located. Am I missing something?
CapnDarwin

RE: Alt clicking on HQ unit

Post by CapnDarwin »

No, you are not missing anything. Currently, with the limited orders active, you can't group select. I believe we will address this issue in the 2.04 update. I will confirm with Rob and let you know.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Capn,

Thanks for the fast reply. No biggie, just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Terrific game concept, so far I'm having fun getting my butt kicked[;)]
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

Alternately, Captain - give us a way to highlight all of the units under an HQ's command, another unit view options perhaps?
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: Swamp_Yankee

Alternately, Captain - give us a way to highlight all of the units under an HQ's command, another unit view options perhaps?

Good idea! [;)]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
pekische

Post by pekische »

This is very necessary feature!
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

I may be missing the point, but there is a way to highlight all the units under their command HQ: ALT click on the HQ. However, due to a bug, it doesn't work if limited orders are activated. Per Capn Darwin's reply, this will be addressed in the 2.04 update.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

ORIGINAL: genehaynes

However, due to a bug, it doesn't work if limited orders are activated.
It is not a bug, but a feature. It was designed that way. However, due to popular demand, Rob is planning on either revising it or taking it out so that you can select an entire unit even with limited orders.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I think there was some confusion as some people, myself included, were looking for a way to 'highlight' the HQ and subunits but not select them; this way there was no conflict with limited turn orders. Strictly a way to help organize the OOB on the map.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”