Out of command

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

genehaynes

Out of command

Post by genehaynes »

Just bought the game yesterday, so I apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked before.

Are there any negative effects to a platoon unit who is IN Command with their company HQ when that Company HQ is OUT of Command with their Commanding unit (e.g. Battalion / Regimental, etc.).

I see the assualt order goes away for the unit(s) marked out of command. So in my example above the Co. HQ would lose the assualt order, but as long as the platoon units were in command with the Co. HQ they would be ok.

I think the manual mentions resupply / recovery is more efficient when a unit is in command with their next higher command unit. I'm just wondering the negative effects of being out of command only apply to units who are out of command with their immediate superior command unit. For example, as long as a platoon of tanks is in command with their Company HQ they would be ok. It doesn't matter if the Company HQ is out of command with its Battalion (or higher) HQ.

Just curious as to how important its to keep a chain of command from the lowest to highest unit on board.

BTW, great game, really enjoying it.
zakblood

RE: Out of command

Post by zakblood »

being in command makes a lot of difference to artillery and infantry seems to hold longer when in command, also i'm sure it helps more with supply but how much i don't know as only skimmed through the manual and read me as yet, spent all my time so far planning and playing :)

and enjoying

[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Tazak

RE: Out of command

Post by Tazak »

From what I've seen/played there appears to be some additional time delay in issuing orders to platoons being in command range of company hq's who themselves are not in command range of battalion hq's but (he says) its a few minutes.

As to resupply when not in command range at all, units appear to replen 50% ammo required rather than 100%.

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”