[NO REPRO] Issue No Nav Zone

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mcp5500

[NO REPRO] Issue No Nav Zone

Post by mcp5500 »

I tried to use No Nav Zones to attempt to have the victor move around an object on ether side, and trough the middle of two No Nav Zones as to make turns (for the player to follow) but no go. (See scenario typhoon hell 1983).

The victor AI does not always auto-route around the NO NAV ZONE and command crashes as the sub approaches the no nav zone. When you reload through autosave, the victor then successfully creates a route and navigates around so i could not use no nav zone like channels or shutes with different turns. 3 different paths (also tried a simple dimand for two paths. As the dimand got larger, it would fail)

The Victor draws his straight line path to his patrol zone (he is not in it) (auto selects a straight line to different location in its patrol zone each time) and starts his transit when his mission goes active but often enough he does not draw the route around the zone. When he does redraws the path as he comes out of the harbor with time compression active, it mostly works. If he does not redraw the path the game hanges.

I think the issue is that the Victor only tries once to draw the path around the NO NAV Zone some times it gets it right and then the next time it won't draw it at all and in a few occasions it draws it but violates a corner of the zone. Another time it went strait into the zone, reversed course to come back out and then it went through the two zones.

I think that some of issues are with time compression. The player is usually at 15 sec or one minute time compression when the victor's mission goes active, although I did not test this.

The route segments ( when looking for a route) maybe too large to properly and accurately redraw the path around the zone when trying to find the shortes route with time compression on and that it only makes one attempt to find the route. It does not do it a second time or because of time compression it makes the same mistake until it gets closer to the zone and then it hangs.

These are my observations of the issue. The hang occurs when the Victor can not find a route around the zone and as it gets closer to the zone without a route around it, is when it happens. I believe time compression maybe a big factor. I had to remove the zones from the scenario. Unreliable.

I uploaded the scenario with the no patrol zones. load in editor, switch to USSR side, activate the one unactivated mission advance time compression, and start. Watch the victors path. if he does not find a path, the scenario will hang when he gets close to the no nav zone. You must do this multiple times.

Running 1.03 from matrox site.

Attachments
Typhoon Hell 1983-1.zip
(63.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
thewood1

RE: Issue No Nav Zone

Post by thewood1 »

Can you try using a paragraph once in a while. That post is very hard to read.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

I hope that is better.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

I got Them to work. The scenario may freeze more often at high time ratios
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thank you very much for the report. I've logged this for our programmers to look at.

Mike
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

I removed the no nav zones due to inconsistanties from the published scenario.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Unable to reproduce issue in Build 524.

Return to “Tech Support”