Japan research

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Japan research

Post by Chris21wen »

One of the frustrating thing about Japanese research is the inability to research devices, well radar actually. Having spent some considerable effort in researching a/c that can take radar you still have to wait until 1944 before you get it.

Did the developer consider this or did it slip past the radar.
rustysi

RE: Japan research

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

One of the frustrating thing about Japanese research is the inability to research devices, well radar actually. Having spent some considerable effort in researching a/c that can take radar you still have to wait until 1944 before you get it.

Pun intended?[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Pretty sure this would have been outside the scope of the AE team.

Pax
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Pun intended?[:D]

Yep
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

If you really want to do this type of detailed research, there is always HoI 3 [:)]
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

everytime someone mentions HOI on this forum it feels to me like mentioning the film that should not be named...
uncivil_servant

Post by uncivil_servant »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

everytime someone mentions HOI on this forum it feels to me like mentioning the film that should not be named...

Which one? This one?

p.s. After having only one side in the game allowed to modify their research and un-historically optimize their production you want only one side to also be able to research and get devices a-historically as well?

especially since you know future models.. IRL people had no idea how planes would actually perform before they were even designed for.

Attachments
1941expand..undtrack.jpg
1941expand..undtrack.jpg (221.47 KiB) Viewed 60 times
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

+1

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

p.s. After having only one side in the game allowed to modify their research and un-historically optimize their production you want only one side to also be able to research and get devices a-historically as well?

especially since you know future models.. IRL people had no idea how planes would actually perform before they were even designed for.

You're absolutly right, but without something who you gonna get to play Japan. I agree about the devices though, air frames/engines are enough.

Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

How about HoI 2 or 1 then [:D]? Or Strategic Command 1, 2, or 3?

I know how about Pacific Storm [:'(]?
bartrat

Post by bartrat »

Electronics research and development in WW2 Japan was very far behind the USA (which was in turn very far behind the UK). Radar early is very ahistorical.
Saying that...
You can always make a modified scenario and just adjust the dates for radar being available (device item numbers 1919-1923 and 139 -142, 715,792, 1460 to 1471, 1473 to 1475,1701 to 1703, 1765)
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

How about HoI 2 or 1 then [:D]? Or Strategic Command 1, 2, or 3?

I know how about Pacific Storm [:'(]?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”