Spotting bug?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
HobbesACW

Spotting bug?

Post by HobbesACW »

This seems a bit odd to me. I start the turn with the PzIII adjacent to an enemy unit and so the enemy unit begins the turn spotted which seems fine. If I then move the PzIII away from the enemy unit it becomes unspotted. Is this a bug or working OK? If I then move the sd222 adjacent to the enemy unit and then move it away the enemy unit remains spotted.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (61.25 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Barthheart

RE: Spotting bug?

Post by Barthheart »

If the units in the building have done nothing then it's normal when your tank moves away for the hex to not be spotted any longer.

It does sound like a bug if the second tank moved next to then away from the hex and it stayed spotted. Did the units do anything before the second tanked moved?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Thanks Barthheart. I didn't realise that. I assumed if a unit was spotted at the beginning of a turn it would remain spotted regardless of any other activity. Not a bug then as the enemy unit fired on the sd222 when it moved adjacent. Spotting by an adjacent unit only works if it remains adjacent then. Seems weird to me when a unit spotted by other means remains spotted throughout the turn.

Cheers,
Chris
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Thinking about this a bit more I suppose it is to stop 'bumping' units to force spotting so it makes sense if that is the case.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

As Mark would say "it's a time continuum thing". All the actions in one turn take place more or less at the same time.

So a unit that was next to a enemy at the start of the turn and moves away is not really looking t the enemy any more but concentrating on his new task.
The same would happen if tank next to the building was destroyed before the enemy acted, they would then be not spotted.

When an enemy shoots or moves it really happens through out the turn so they are in the process of doing these actions that makes them visible during the rest of the turn.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

I can fire on the enemy with other units though and then move the tank. Messing with time gets complicated :)
I understand though and that's the main thing with the game - as long as the rules are understood the game seems pretty good.

Thanks,
Chris
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: hobbes

I can fire on the enemy with other units though and then move the tank. Messing with time gets complicated :)

Yep. That's where some of the strategy comes in... Do I shoot first and maybe miss so he can then destroy my tank OR do I move and save the tank and lose the shot?
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Yes - it's a great mix of simulation and a chess like game. Really enjoying it - but looking forward to some more scenarios.
I might even make a few myself eventually.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”