New Public Beta Available v1.1.7.2

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Andrew Loveridge

New Public Beta Available v1.1.7.2

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

We have a Beta version of World in Flames we would like you to check out. It corrects a few issues with Vichy France, some crashes and closes a couple infinite loops, along with other fixes. It is available in the Members Club.

Let us know how it works for you.

V1.1.7.2 – March 23, 2014
    Bug Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Enabled CAP for ground strikes in solitaire play.
  • Added some checks to avoid fatal errors when loading a saved game whose Screen Layout file (SLY) is not found when the game is restored.
  • Fixed the problem with the reorganization ‘cost’ for a minor country HQ or TRS reorganizing one of its own units being incorrect (e.g., Dutch TRS reorganizing a Dutch unit or the Polish HQ reorganizing a Polish unit).
  • Fixed the problem with ending Commonwealth Production causing a Mad Except because the game was restored after the Commonwealth had built multiple convoys but not terminated its production phase.
  • Fixed the problem with the program halting at the beginning of the USSR and Japanese Production. This occurred when playing with Unlimited Breakdown (an optional rule) and the program unable to automatically reform the units in the Breakdown Pool that needed to be reformed.
  • Fixed the problem with using oil causing the game to go into an infinite loop. This happened when some units were in an isolated group and had to use the ‘local’ oil that was available.
  • Added a couple lines of code so when a new major power begins the Return to Base phase, the map centers on the first eligible unit.
  • Prevented an infinite loop during the Return to Base phase when determining optimal paths for returning to viable port destinations.
  • Reduced the time to recalculate supply when Vichy France is collapsed by replacing numerous redundant calls with a single call after all the countries held by Vichy France have been assigned to another Axis major power or (Free) France.
  • Fixed a problem with collapsing Vichy France sometimes causing a fatal error.
  • Enabled placing all Vichy French units on Sentry status.
Cosmetic
  • Corrected a column heading on the Naval Combat Results table from 82-98 to 81-98.
  • Changed ‘in effective’ to ‘in effect’ in the Optional Rules Help text.
  • Corrected in typo in the warning message about the two half map scenarios not being available.
[/ul]
tacfire

RE: New Public Beta Available v1.1.7.2

Post by tacfire »

Is there an estimated time for this patch to come out of Beta and become official?
It has been almost a month since the last official patch. Just wondering.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Ohh.. it is called public beta now? Interesting.. NOT.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

We were waiting for feedback on things being wrong with this beta. Now that you have given feedback that there is nothing interesting about it we can only conclude it can be made available via the updater. Expect it soon. Thanks for the feedback.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi tacfire,

We've been testing it internally and giving you all a chance to try it as well. There's a bit of lag due to the change over in process, but we're hoping that it will mean more stable official updates going forward on a roughly two week cycle. We'll be making a decision on going official this week based on test results - it will either go official or we'll post a new public beta for more testing.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Is anyone allowed to download this? When I click on the link in the members' section I get "421 IP address blocked". In Download Accelerator it says site disconnected us at the beginning. I think the same thing happened with the last one but I'd had a few drinks [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Is anyone allowed to download this? When I click on the link in the members' section I get "421 IP address blocked". In Download Accelerator it says site disconnected us at the beginning. I think the same thing happened with the last one but I'd had a few drinks [;)]

Cheers, Neilster

Access is only for registered customers. The download is more than 300 MB and it started OK for me. Download was calculated to be 13 minutes for me - which I cancelled as I don't need it. It resolved a.o. the reforming bug which blocks gameplay and behaved fine at my side.
Current Alpha is 1.1.7.5 and has resolved more supply bugs. The Bermuda Triangle supply bug is a cat with 9 lives....from the 7 gamesaves I collected 6 are now behaving correct. One on my personal list to go.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL
ORIGINAL: Neilster

Cheers, Neilster

Access is only for registered customers. The download is more than 300 MB and it started OK for me. Download was calculated to be 13 minutes for me - which I cancelled as I don't need it. It resolved a.o. the reforming bug which blocks gameplay and behaved fine at my side.
Current Alpha is 1.1.7.5 and has resolved more supply bugs. The Bermuda Triangle supply bug is a cat with 9 lives....from the 7 gamesaves I collected 6 are now behaving correct. One on my personal list to go.
I'm registered. I checked. Thanks for the info anyway [&:]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

I also tried updating via the game menu but that still doesn't work. Have I missed something here? That's been busted for me for ages too [:@]

I've been relentlessly positive about this project for 10 years but I'm rapidly losing interest.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You'd be an ideal candidate for this then (Post 53):

tm.asp?m=3523304&mpage=2&#3585568
Paul
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Yeah, I noticed that. I'll send them a PM. Thanks.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

Fixed the oil use crash for me. [;)]
hazmaxed

Post by hazmaxed »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Hello All,

We have a Beta version of World in Flames we would like you to check out. It corrects a few issues with Vichy France, some crashes and closes a couple infinite loops, along with other fixes. It is available in the Members Club.

Let us know how it works for you.

V1.1.7.2 – March 23, 2014
    Bug Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Fixed the problem with the program halting at the beginning of the USSR and Japanese Production. This occurred when playing with Unlimited Breakdown (an optional rule) and the program unable to automatically reform the units in the Breakdown Pool that needed to be reformed.

I am playing "Decline and Fall" and had this problem at the beginning of USSR production. With the beta, it appears to no longer be a problem.

I can't speak for the other fixes yet.

Thanks.
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

Still using 1.1.6.2 dated 3 March 2014
When will the latest official patch be available for the public?
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

This public beta went official yesterday. Please see this post:

tm.asp?m=3587279
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

Thanks for the Update.
Thanks to the beta testers who made it happen.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Excellent. I was able to download and install this one. Thanks to all involved [:)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Thanks for the Update.
Thanks to the beta testers who made it happen.

Thanks. We are in the mean time already in 1.1.7.6
Small update in the hope Matrix/Steve doesn't mind. We are amongst others converging on supply running without Bermuda Triangle bugeffects which could be overcome with save/reload. One life of that cat's nine left, I think. Also a regression bug to solve before a new public beta can be posted. Other than the regression bug, it looks good in that area. There are also some other supply bugs fixed, and yet to be fixed. Having this focus is working out nicely, imho.

Return to “World in Flames”