Swing and a Miss (WiF) moments

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dplummer

Swing and a Miss (WiF) moments

Post by dplummer »

So what have you done in WiF that just made you roll your eyes and sigh at yourself recently.

A) Production Planning says US only sending 4 resources and not getting any trade from Japan - I must only need 4 convoy points. And there goes 2 US entry chits
A2) and you moved unused convoys and didn't reorg one to save oil so can't replace all the convoys. And there go 2 more US entry chits
Took me 10 forced impulses to lose and capture and lose and capture Chinese cities to get those chits back.
= Strike 1

Aha, that Japanese amphib division is a prime target, time for the Nationalist to attack - why does 4+3 = 3.5? I didn't mean to check Chinese combat weakness
= Strike 2

1 Arm corps + 1 Mech corps vs 1 arm corp will let me choose blitz so that's worth it... or maybe not.
= Strike 3

And I'm out...
WarHunter

RE: Swing and a Miss (WiF) moments

Post by WarHunter »

When did the definition of a solitaire computer game change?[&:]

Attachments
cart001.jpg
cart001.jpg (281.76 KiB) Viewed 41 times
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: dplummer

So what have you done in WiF that just made you roll your eyes and sigh at yourself recently.

A) Production Planning says US only sending 4 resources and not getting any trade from Japan - I must only need 4 convoy points. And there goes 2 US entry chits
A2) and you moved unused convoys and didn't reorg one to save oil so can't replace all the convoys. And there go 2 more US entry chits
Took me 10 forced impulses to lose and capture and lose and capture Chinese cities to get those chits back.
= Strike 1

Aha, that Japanese amphib division is a prime target, time for the Nationalist to attack - why does 4+3 = 3.5? I didn't mean to check Chinese combat weakness
= Strike 2

1 Arm corps + 1 Mech corps vs 1 arm corp will let me choose blitz so that's worth it... or maybe not.
= Strike 3

And I'm out...

the first sound like a bug.

the other two are correct.

if the defender have ARM, you need more arm to blitz.

if the defender have mech, you need more mech or a arm to blitz
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

It's not super recent, but a while back, I was looking at the map, and thinking "Boy, it's hard to get all the way to the Turkish border and align them, I wonder if there's a faster way through."

"You know, maybe if we invaded through the black sea, we could just hop right up to the border. The Soviets rarely guard that area if you're still in poland."

"So, we declare war on Turkey, grab Istanbul, get the Italians into the black sea, invade near the Turkish border, align...... oh wait."
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."

Return to “World in Flames”