Multiplayer challenges

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

GreenGoblin1898

Multiplayer challenges

Post by GreenGoblin1898 »

Hi I'm new to this game.

When I check the list of available challenges online there are many from 2012. I'm interested to know why none have been accepted. Is the multiplayer dead or do many people still play?

Thanks.
chuckbbq

RE: Multiplayer challenges

Post by chuckbbq »

People are very active in multiplayer. Those are games where the person setting it up, did so with a password, maybe not knowing another player needed it to join. I guess Slitherine decided not to clear these from the server. If you look to the left of the game you'll see either a * or a - * means the player needs a password, - means it's open to anyone.

Also, if you go to the "opponents wanted" section of the forum, you can arrange a server game, somebody usually responds within a day.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”