Running Old Versions and Tools on Win 7 and 8 - 1946 Mod/Maps Up - More....

Shaun Wallace

Running Old Versions and Tools on Win 7 and 8 - 1946 Mod/Maps Up - More....

Post by Shaun Wallace »

Hia Guys,

We have been busy adding files and other stuff to CSO.

ALL CC1 Mods and files are now up. CC2 is on its way. Several of the re-releases are either up or getting their individual maps added now.

Running Old Versions and Tools on Win 7 and 8

First off, not sure if you already know and use this, if its already been posted, apologies! We posted an article about using Win7 Virtual PC to run virtual XP. It means all the old tools etc work again, have added a link for the original old MS Virtual Java Machine.

How To Run Files Needing MS Virtual Machine On Win 7 & 8

Its a bit more tricky on Win 8, but there is a simple workaround, I have posted a link and a PDF file.

Oh, there is a new Gallery feature, it already has some 10,000 images, mostly WW2, there are also some about 1000 in colour!

I posted an article here which I would Like some feedback on, its in the history section!

The Literal Rape of East Prussia By the Soviet Union
While there can be no denying that the Nazi's were evil and more than 99% of the German people were complicit in these crimes [4,000 Concentration Camps, 6 million Dead in camps, Millions of Polish and other racially inferior peoples killed to say nothing of millions of slave labourers and more] This went on with the knowledge of the Wehrmacht and the German people. This is well known and documented.

What is less well known is the appalling advance into East Prussia and the Ethnic Cleansing that the Russians themselves embarked on. The rape of almost all German women from 10 - 70 is well known. The actual treatment, crimes and scale of civilian death is not very well known and not much is actually written about this pat of the war. Largely I feel because of the Nazis;s crimes............
The link is here - Its a LONG Article!

The Literal Rape of East Prussia By the Soviet Union - Click Here

I hope some of this is of use or interest!

Cheers - Sulla
Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
----------------------
http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/portal.php
Ozymandias2

RE: Running Old Versions and Tools on Win 7 and 8 - 1946 Mod/Maps Up - More....

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Just be aware that, if the emulation is Windows XP, that Microsoft has stopped supporting XP, including leaving it with a glaring security hole which persists in XP emulation mode.

Cheers,
Oz

Return to “Close Combat Series”