New scenario from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

Post by jcrohio »

New scenario from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg by Mark Walker - "The Hell"

There will be three folders
1. art contain two folders
A. counters - copy the contents into the counters folder in art
B. maps - copy the contents into the maps folder in art
2. maps - copy the contents into the maps folder
3. Stalingrad - BE CAREFUL - backup the original eight files in case something goes wrong - then overwrite with the eight files included

Please let me know if everything is OK
Jack

Edited 3/24/2014: Forgot to include a counter sheet - fixed
Attachments
The Hell.zip
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Jack
z1812

RE: New scenario from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

Post by z1812 »

When successfully installed I presume this will not affect any other scenarios?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks Jack for this New scenario from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg called "The Hell" . Lots of fun to play with French Counters! Only problem I encountered was "Debris Barricade Counter" had a anti-tank gun in the same hex and I couldnt see the AT Gun at all. Just showed fired from hex. Also "French Heroes" counters were showing up ad "German Heroes".

Other than that love the mine fields & the counters you ported over from Mark Walkers game. Good work!!
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Punisher

Forgot to include a counter sheet - included in the above attachment and as a separate down load here

Not sure about the heroes - I just ran through it and they were fine - one french hero to start and a second one coming on in turn 5

Anyone else having this problem?
Jack
Attachments
WeaponTeams-Sheet-03.zip
(122.75 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Jack
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

z1812

Shouldn't - did not on mine - but I backed up every file in the folder Stalingrad just in case and I would suggest the same for you.

Jack
Jack
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Punisher

Forgot to include a counter sheet - included in the above attachment and as a separate down load here

Not sure about the heroes - I just ran through it and they were fine - one french hero to start and a second one coming on in turn 5

Jack
counters - copy the contents into the counters folder in art

Ok so this attachment counters do I - copy the contents into the counters folder in art directory?
thanks!
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Yes - also might have an answer for the German instead of French Heroes

From the version 1.08 update readme "Hero IDs are now gotten by searching the unit lists so adding/removing heroes, or having
heroes for the custom nation slots will work correctly now." This might have been what was happening with heroes in your game.

If you upgrade to 1.08 let me know - the Stalingrad folder files will all be overwritten - they have created a Custom folder for these files - can send it to you if you like.

Jack
Jack
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Yes - also might have an answer for the German instead of French Heroes

From the version 1.08 update readme "Hero IDs are now gotten by searching the unit lists so adding/removing heroes, or having
heroes for the custom nation slots will work correctly now." This might have been what was happening with heroes in your game.

If you upgrade to 1.08 let me know - the Stalingrad folder files will all be overwritten - they have created a Custom folder for these files - can send it to you if you like.

Jack

Ok that makes sense Im still using the Official update and have not made the switch yet to Beta 1.08.

Love this scenario keep up the great work!! Would love to see more French battles!
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Just ran threw it and generated a french hero using version 1.08 - must have been the problem

Jack
Jack
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Jcrohio,thank you for your work.I wold like to ask one favour.If you have the original board game could you post the bmp of some German and Russian AFV not included in HoS?The AFV could be ISU152,ISU100, JS,T34/85,various GermanJPz or what you have.
The PzII is already posted in your scenario i don't know if exist the counter for 1941 Russian AFV like the T26 and T28.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Heroes of the Blitzkreig is the German invasion of France in 1940 - no Russians and early war German tanks - the only other tanks in the game were the Pz IIIE and the PzJager I - I can do theses if you want but that is all there is (except for the French tanks)

Jack
Jack
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Ok ,instead of nothing also this are good.I was convinced that you was owner of others game on the east front.Anyway in your counter sheet there is some Russian AFV or team,please don't add the deletion symbol.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

I built the counter sheets by taking an existing counter sheet, copying it, pasting with a different name. Then I placed the new counters on top of the existing sheet. This gave me the size and location that the game needed. The green x's are counters that already exist in the game.
Jack
Jack
fran52

Post by fran52 »

OK, thank you Jack.
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

hello,

I want to post something interresting but i have a "You are not allowed to post links for 7 days from the date of your tenth post" message that block my reply (i don't know why ?). Can somebody explain me what i have to do for posting URL in the right manner ? (edit : solved)

You can see what i made, reworking your countersheets

and what i can do for other modules of Lock'nLoad to work with the Heroes of Stalingrad game engine

Bongo
"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Punisher

Jack

Counter sheet did the trick and now I have the AT Gun right were you hid it. Thanks Jack keep the new scenarios coming!
vsadek

Post by vsadek »

ORIGINAL: maitrebongo
hello,

I want to post something interresting but i have a "You are not allowed to post links for 7 days from the date of your tenth post" message that block my reply (i don't know why ?). Can somebody explain me what i have to do for posting URL in the right manner ?

Bongo

I believe this behavior is part of Forum's anti-spam protection. Once you past this, let’s call it, "quarantine period", you can post URL links normally.

Regards
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

[/quote]
I believe this behavior is part of Forum's anti-spam protection. Once you past this, let’s call it, "quarantine period", you can post URL links normally.

Ok thank you very much for the answer.

What about the idea to make all the graphic sheets for all the Lock 'n Load modules (in the same order of the printed countersheets) ?
It is important too (the most hard work in my opinion), to make the specific Excel files (XLS and CSV) for going with the BMP's. I can give for now the PSD template for the 3 kinds of graphic counters (vehicules, infantery and weapons). I'm now working on the graphic files for "Honneur et Patrie" and for the "Ring of Hills" module

In this case we can have a "base" for doing any scenarios in the period of a dedicated module.

It will open us another dimension to the Heroes of Stalingrad game engine and the capacity for who's who want to make scenarios from our paper's Lock 'n Load games.

"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
clayroger79

Post by clayroger79 »

@ jcrohio

Thank you for this scenario. It works OK although a german Ai will not move before turn 6.
Anyway French Ai works great.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Never tried it with the German AI - Sorry just set up for the French AI and should have stated it

Jack
Jack

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”