Wide screen support...?

This is a turn based fantasy game with a mix of strategy and RPG elements. It is in development at Crasleen Games, a small indie developer. The closest comparison would be a game like Battle for Wesnoth. We think its a great game from a small new studio and that this will be a solid base for Crasleen to build on for the future!
jack54

Wide screen support...?

Post by jack54 »

This looks very nice but I've noticed all the screen shots seem to be in 4:3 aspect ratio... Tamas's AAR had black lines on the sides.

Is wide screen supported?

Also;

Can you fight single battles or are all battles played out inside a campaign?

Thanks and All the Best!

Jack
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
InuharikoMu

RE: Wide screen support...?

Post by InuharikoMu »

No the Game runs in 1024*768 Resolution or in a 1024*768 Window. Beware the Graphics don't scale so if you enlarge the Window: Text Font are getting blocky and Garbled.

Dear Slitherine:
This is Ridiculous on my LG 1080p Monitor the Game looks like ****. Even more worst than Fantasy Commander.

It's 2014 and i am feed up with the Graphics and Quality of the latest Games from Matrix & Slitherine.

No Support for Resolutions up to 1080p? Not even 1600*900? Games like Piercing Fortress Europa without Sound, but at full Price?

Im deeply Disappointed

Best Regards from nighty Night Germany

*Upate* changing Desktop Resolution to 1024*768 and then staring the Game solved the Garbled Graphics in Fullscreen. My LG Monitor is weeping......
“If a man does his best, what else is there?”
― George S. Patton Jr.
boatrigm

Post by boatrigm »

Too bad on no wide screen. I took a risk with Fantasy Commander and feel a little like I got burned.
No wide screen...no sale for me.

I think the graphics look ok from the screen shots. Basic but they look like they work.
Maybe they could be modded??

-Mike
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: boatrigm

Too bad on no wide screen. I took a risk with Fantasy Commander and feel a little like I got burned.
No wide screen...no sale for me.

I think the graphics look ok from the screen shots. Basic but they look like they work.
Maybe they could be modded??

-Mike

I'm actually fine with the graphic 'look' of the game.('Qvadriga' reminds me that great gameplay doesn't have to have the best graphics)...but no widescreen bothers me.
I really don't want to have to play with black lines outside of my native resolution.
But, I'm still on the fence because I want to like this game. Individual characters are very rare. A shame really I was caught off guard by this.

JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

That is a shame, the game looks interesting but I don't understand why a new game doesn't support widescreen.

May pick it up later but no widescreen support has completely put me off for now. The moment you add widescreen support, I will buy it.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

this is a game from a 1 man indie developer, who did all the art and code himself. If he was able to support these resolutions he would, but it is a massive amount of work for a 2D game with any amount of UI. You need to redo the art and code for each resolution.

There isn't really much we can suggest other than if you don't like playing at 1024x768 then don't buy the game. That's why its specified on the product page. We completely understand this will put people off but unfortunately we can't do anything about it. It would be great if we could just make it multiple resolutions & widescreen but that's sadly not how it works :)

Our options are to release it as is or not release it as the developer cannot just fix it, they have to start again. Despite the resolution this is a good fun game that some people are going to love so just go in to it with your eyes open and that's why we decided to go ahead. The modding options are also very interesting.

Cheers

Iain
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Thanks for the clarification Ian.

Probably will give it a miss then. Maybe a demo would be a good idea to see if it is tolerable, but I know there isn't much chance of a demo.

Cheers.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Sorry Iain I was not trying to start a gripe session just get some info on a game I was interested in....

I do not see any mention about screen resolutions on the matrix product information page.

I think it's great that you guys support small idie developers. I hope this game is successful.

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Many apologies - you are correct. Somehow the resolution info didn't make it to the product page. It is being updated ASAP. I'm not sure how this got missed so again apologies and I understand better why people are frustrated by the lack of additional resolutions.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Ok now that I've started playing I forgot all about the widescreen stuff. Plenty of other things to think about.
I like it. I really hope this developer makes money with this, he has some good ideas.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I'm fine with it. As long as you can play in window mode.

Return to “Drums of War”