Can we get a Steam key if we bought here at Matrix Games?

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

FroBodine

Can we get a Steam key if we bought here at Matrix Games?

Post by FroBodine »

I would like to have this game in my Steam library. I purchased Unity of Command from Matrix Games, and I am wondering if I can get a Steam key, please, to install it to Steam. I want to get the two expansions, but I would like them all to be in Steam if possible.

Thanks!
budd

RE: Can we get a Steam key if we bought here at Matrix Games?

Post by budd »

I cant answer for them but i've never known matrix to give out steam keys. I'd go to the developers site and see if they will give you one, maybe buy the expansions there they come with a steam key as well as a download. Maybe they can verify your purchase here and give a steam key for the one you already bought.

http://unityofcommand.net/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Thanks budd. I hope Matrix does indeed give out Steam keys, or will change their policy. Almost everybody will give you a Steam key if you buy it from their site before it comes out on Steam. I don't see why they wouldn't.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

I'd like to know too ;) What's the status on your side, jglazier ?

Regards.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

The developers give you a steam key as long as you give them prove of your purchase in Matrix, I got mine when I bought the red turn and black turn, I haven't used them nonetheless since I haven't tried Steam. They also provide a link to download the game from their web, PC and Mac, pretty cool [8D]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

ok, thanks for the heads up, was kind of hoping I'd get a key from Matrix as that's where I bought it, but ...

Regards.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're not the publisher for Unity of Command, just a distributor. We don't do this any more as we have too many games to publish so no longer do distribution deals.

For games we distribute we don't have a way to issue Steam keys as we are not involved with them on Steam. For any games we publish we are planning to give out keys if Steam permits. Just check Panzer Corps for an example of how it will work.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Thanks for the clarification, not a big deal anyway ... And yes, I do have Panzer Corps, and activated it on Steam ;)

Regards.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I haven't yet activated PzC on Steam I'm being too lazy to learn how Steam works [>:] [;)]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
mbar

Post by mbar »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

We don't do this any more as we have too many games to publish so no longer do distribution deals.

This is good news. I prefer titles Slitherine has some say in rather than just distribution rights where the developer can just dump the game and move on as soon as the release date passes.

2x2 Games being a great exception to that though.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

FYI, I contacted the support today (yeah, I know, took me "some" time [:'(]), they don't give out (anymore ?) Steam keys for people who bought the game at Matrix [:(]

Regards.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sorted and all 3 working[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You can now redeem Steam keys for Unity of Command games bought on Slitherine/Matrix stores:
tm.asp?m=4005657

Return to “Unity of Command Series”