New Update v 4.6.276 is available

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Arjuna

RE: New Update v 4.6.276 is available

Post by Arjuna »

Yes it includes all the updated data for BFTB. I still have to do the HTTR and Greek Data Packs but I won't do this till we sign off on the patch. Hopefullyt with this build we can do that.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Gerry,
276 is, like 274, not Windows XP-friendly. I downloaded it yesterday and BFTB did not launch, but gave me again that strange message I experienced with 274. So I followed Bletchley_G's instructions and eliminated the four rogue dll files. The game now runs OK.
Are you going to issue an XP-friendly update?
Gino
Gerry Edwards

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hi Ginetto,

Can you list those rogue DLL's for me.

And yes, we will make the installer xp friendly.

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Gerry, Hi. Yes.
Comdlg32.dll;
Dsound.dll;
Version.dll;
Wsock32.dll
Bletchley can explain better why they mess up Win XP.
All the best,
Ginetto
Gino
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Gerry,

Add to that list "stdole.dll".
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
decaro

Post by decaro »

Playing as the Axis in Dinant: Doe or Die the game still ended prematurely at D2 18:58 with a draw, although Axis units did manage to exit this time around. I have a save.

Also, AI's VIII Corps Allied HQ still leaves Bastogne area to travel east towards Allerborn in Battle of the Roadblocks.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

Playing as the Axis in Dinant: Doe or Die the game still ended prematurely at D2 18:58 with a draw, although Axis units did manage to exit this time around. I have a save.

Also, AI's VIII Corps Allied HQ still leaves Bastogne area to travel east towards Allerborn in Battle of the Roadblocks.

"The Axis victory objective that is the Exit on the western map edge is an Automatic Victory objective. If the Germans exit the required force then the game automatically ends at that time."

Next time I will gain more objectives before I exit that Exit.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
baldbrother

Post by baldbrother »

I had problems with the dll's as an XP user but everything is fine now the rogue ones are gone. However I do have the new one Arjuna mentioned - stdole.dll - in the folder and the game runs ok...at least under 274. Is the dll a problem after installing the new beta? Thanks.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Wasn't sure about stdole.dll but decided to exclude it as with the other dependency dlls. These are now added by default when you create an installer with the MS Visual Studio. So it means we have to remember each time to exclude these dlls so they don't cause problems for XP. I must admit it's a pain in the ar$e and I can't wait to ditch XP.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Microsoft ditches it in less than 4 weeks.
mst007

Post by mst007 »

Downloading 276 now, will feedback if any issues

thanks! Mark
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Hey Gerry. I just have an issue where I cannot get onto my member club account, despite having the correct log in information.
I will try to rectify it when I get home next week, because it is also possible that it is just because my laptop has the issue. Thank you!
ORIGINAL: Gerry Edwards

Hi Nav,

Normally we dont put betas on the FTP. We were doing that because of the issues some of you were having. If you are still having that issue i need to know about it so i can fix it. If so i will fix the problem and make the beta available on the FTP for you. Let me know if it dosen't work for you.
loyalcitizen

Post by loyalcitizen »

Unable to download the patch from the member's area using XP.
It gets to 99% and then hangs until it times out.
This has been a long running issue.
Downloading via the FTP has been the only solution in the past.

EDIT: Downloaded Firefox and was able to download.
springel

Post by springel »

ORIGINAL: loyalcitizen

Unable to download the patch from the member's area using XP.
It gets to 99% and then hangs until it times out.
This has been a long running issue.
Downloading via the FTP has been the only solution in the past.

I just clicked the link to download the patch in XP, using FireFox, and it downloaded fine, in 10 minutes, so it is not an XP problem per se.

(I did have to remove the system dll's after installing, then I removed one too many (PGUI.dll was in the first version of the list), but restored it from the recycle bin, because the error message told me which dll was missing, and now the patch runs fine in XP.
loyalcitizen

Post by loyalcitizen »

ORIGINAL: springel

I just clicked the link to download the patch in XP, using FireFox, and it downloaded fine, in 10 minutes, so it is not an XP problem per se.

(I did have to remove the system dll's after installing, then I removed one too many (PGUI.dll was in the first version of the list), but restored it from the recycle bin, because the error message told me which dll was missing, and now the patch runs fine in XP.

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded Firefox and am now able to start it up.
NEW TWIST: If I manually try to SAVE or LOAD a game, it immediately crashes to desktop. Every time! Literally just hitting the SAVE (in-game) or LOAD GAME (from main menu) button gets the CTD.

Return to “Command Ops Series”