Problem w/planet shadows...

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

RaffleSnaffle

Problem w/planet shadows...

Post by RaffleSnaffle »

Hello!

I am currently having a bug where my planet shadow overly is not matching up with the planets in game.
I am currently using the Graphics Enhancement Mod (GEM) v2.4.

I would love to take a screenshot and upload it, but can't manage to do that either right now.

Anyone else have/had this problem? I could re-install everything, but really would love to avoid that.

Thanks in advance!
Tcby

RE: Problem w/planet shadows...

Post by Tcby »

The problem is that the planet shadow image provided by GEM is not compatible with the Shadows expansion. If you reinstall the game for some reason in the future, just make sure not to install the planet shadow files from the mod. In the meantime, use Computica's fix.

fb.asp?m=3422013

Extract the file (shading.png) to Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\images\environment\overlays\shadow

If you are installing the mod again in the future, that is the name of the file you don't want to install from GEM.
RaffleSnaffle

Post by RaffleSnaffle »

Right. I figured out it just wasn't compatible. Had to re install, but oddly enough I can only find my Shadows and Legends order numbers. The other two games leave no trace in my account.

I have opened up a ticket and hopefully can get this sorted out. Wish me luck!
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

Perhaps you misunderstood. You don't need to reinstall anything in order to fix the problem. You take that file and place it in the directory...done [:)]

I only mentioned reinstallation in case you happen to do so for another reason in the future.
RaffleSnaffle

Post by RaffleSnaffle »

No I totally understood. I just had already re-installed before I saw your reply to my post with a fix.

I should have just been patient and waited, but I went ahead with un-installing it. Stupid me.

Thank you for your reply and advice anyways :)
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

No worries. I wouldn't have waited either.

Return to “Tech Support”