sound problems with the game (HELP)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

eater of stars

sound problems with the game (HELP)

Post by eater of stars »

Hi people.
i have some problems with the sound in the game. yes i have install mods but they should not have conflict with each other because one is for more species (distant worls extended) and the other is for sound effects ([REL] Sound Effects Mod)
im gonna try being more specific about the problem i have with distant worlds. i have the game with all the expansions and all the updates to date.
my setting in the galaxy is this.
galaxy :max
sectors:max
difficulty:hard
aggresion:normal
technology:expensive
pirates:normal
space creatures:normal
colony:scarce
independent alien life:scarce
home system:normal
empire :starting
goverment:democracy (yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh)
im fighting against another 33 races (distant worlds extended)
the victory condition is to conquer 100 economy, population and all colonies in the galaxy. (in other words conquer everything)
no limit time and all the events are on even the shakturi.
i have no problem in the begginig of the game but now that im actually quite advance in the game ( im no.1 overall the other 33 species).
and now i dont know why but in the panel that is above (the one that show you your colonies ,empire editor, technology screen, design ship, bases and ship manager ,etc.) when i pick the section of the agents or characters or whatever you want to call it the sound of the effects I DONT HEAR THEM ANYMORE ,I DONT HEAR ANYTHING.
so thats my problem now the sound effects wont work music WILL AND IT WORKS OK but the effects just wont.
what should i do? i dont have anymore sound effects apart from [REL] Sound Effects Mod and distant worlds extended and they are very different one is for sound the other is for more gameplay both are update to the latest version the main game too so i dont know what could it be. [&:]
THANKS.[8D]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”