German Air Supply Bugs

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

DorianGray

German Air Supply Bugs

Post by DorianGray »

Air Transport of Fuel / Supplies appears totally bugged now in version 1.07.13 beta.

Sometimes I can get it to work, other times, German transports are impossible to utilize (either through manual selection or through auto-selection). I am careful to make sure that they have not been involved in any other missions. (Image loaded of transports that should be available, but currently unselectable for a transport mission with a target destination of 5 hexes away)

Additionally, according to patch notes, German bombers should not be able to drop fuel anymore; however, this does not seem to be consistently enforced in the code and sometimes German bombers are selectable (and show up) when toggling between supply <--> fuel modes.

In fact, I can get German bombers to drop fuel, when they should not be able to - yet not German transports, when they should be available.

Really confused on how air transport is supposed to work now.

Attachments
18thLWAirBase.jpg
18thLWAirBase.jpg (99 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Denniss

RE: German Air Supply Bugs

Post by Denniss »

Using bombers may still be possible if target hex is adjacent to an airbase.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
DorianGray

Post by DorianGray »

No German Air Base unit was adjacent to target hex, yet I have been allowed to select German bombers to drop fuel after toggling Fuel <--> Supply mode a random number of times.

Patch notes are as follows:
3. Air transport of fuel and supplies is changed as follows:
1) Level bombers may not transport fuel
2) Only 25-75% of supplies are dropped successfully, while only 16-50% of fuel is dropped successfully (was 33-100% for both)
3) Hexes that contain or are adjacent to a friendly air base unit (that is in a valid hex for air operations) will receive all of the supplies and fuel that are dropped (no drop attrition as stated in item 2 occurs)

Nothing in the patch notes states that Level bombers may transport fuel.
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

I am playing an Axis game right now and I don't have any of these problems. Are you playing against a human? If so are you sure you are playing the same version?
BJP III

Post by BJP III »

ORIGINAL: DorianGray

No German Air Base unit was adjacent to target hex, yet I have been allowed to select German bombers to drop fuel after toggling Fuel <--> Supply mode a random number of times.

Patch notes are as follows:
3. Air transport of fuel and supplies is changed as follows:
1) Level bombers may not transport fuel
2) Only 25-75% of supplies are dropped successfully, while only 16-50% of fuel is dropped successfully (was 33-100% for both)
3) Hexes that contain or are adjacent to a friendly air base unit (that is in a valid hex for air operations) will receive all of the supplies and fuel that are dropped (no drop attrition as stated in item 2 occurs)

Nothing in the patch notes states that Level bombers may transport fuel.

I have seen this too. In trying to replicate it, it seems to appear only when LBs only (rather than a mix of LBs and TRs) are available. Then, I can toggle between supply and fuel and have them drop fuel.

Return to “Tech Support”