Eagle and the Sun: My Campaign

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CodexofRome

Eagle and the Sun: My Campaign

Post by CodexofRome »

After a long layoff, I'm immersing myself in a WitP:AE campaign. Allies against AI with the latest beta patch.

I'm a long-time gamer with a fascination for the Pacific war. In my closet, I've got many of the major games on the campaign, including Pacific War, War in the Pacific and Empire of the Sun. But WitP:AE is just the right fit as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, my war with the Empire is just 43 days old.

I managed to hold onto Wake thanks to a quick raid by the Enterprise that sank most of the invasion supply fleet. There are still Japanese forces on the island, but they've had no supplies and I'm building up to destroy them.

Enterprise got battered a bit on the way home, but will be out of Pearl's shipyard in another week. I've beefed up Midway, Johnston, Palmyra, Canton, Pago Pago, Suva and Noumea.

I was in the process of preparing to turn Luganville into an advanced base, but the Japanese just landed troops on the island... I can't have that, so I'll be prepping a counter-invasion shortly.

In the Philippines, Clark has fallen... Manila is under siege and Bataan is in desperate need of supplies.

The DEI is under heavy assault, of course, but I've managed some small successes. Early commerce raiding by CLs and DDs destroyed 30+ AKs and APs, and sub patrols in the South China sea have killed about twice that amount. If I'm reading the numbers right, that's about a fifth of the Japanese cargo fleet in just over six weeks.

Australia is gearing up and I've beefed up forces at Port Moresby and Darwin. India is focused on building up Ceylon and boosting support of the coming fight in Burma.

Now if I can just avoid the KB for a while.
I have no signature
CodexofRome

RE: Eagle and the Sun: My Campaign

Post by CodexofRome »

A Japanese surface fleet raided Midway a week ago. The island has been reinforced with a Marine detachment and several Marine squadrons. Wake continues to be reinforced, now with a complete Army division and P-40 squadrons to augment the defense.

Another Japanese surface fleet raided Canton, but did little damage. Baker Island remains in Japanese hands.

The major action has taken place around Espiritu Santo and the new Hebrides. Japanse surface and a small carrier task force held cover landings and Lungan, Efate and Tanna. The naval units were chased away by Yorktown and strong Allied surface forces, including three Battleships just arrived from Pearl. Meanwhile, the 8th Marines, who just arrived in Noumea, have been loaded up in amphibious task forces that will attempt to retake the three bases.

Port Moresby has been heavily reinforced. B17s are flying missions out of Townsville against the Japanese at Buna.

The Battles for Manila and Bataan continue, but the outlook is bleak. Almost all air and naval assets have been evacuated.

The Battle for Singapore is a week old and the battle of attrition at this point seems to favor the Allies. Borneo has largely fallen, despite valiant efforts to hold Tarakan, Samarinda, Balipapan and Bandjermasin. Western Borneo holds for now. Sumatra and Java remain under Allied control, with Soerabaja, Batavia and Palembang serving as the primary military bases. Transports are loading oil and fuel bound for Colombo and Perth.

In Burma, Pegu has fallen and Rangoon is preparing for the Japanese attack. Supply convoys are racing to boost supply sources before time runs out.

The Commonwealth is shoring up the Indian frontier, including preparing an advanced ground and air base at Akyab.
I have no signature

Return to “After Action Reports”