SR from a contested hex?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lowpe

SR from a contested hex?

Post by Lowpe »

The Allies are trying to retreat from Tjilatjap to Soerabaja. Japan contest Tjilatjap with troops, but the railroad hexside to leave belongs to the Allies.

Can the Allies SR out of the hex assuming the rest of the railroad line is clear?

Allied troops are packed and ready to go, but the railroad movement gets cancelled each turn.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.
dr.hal

RE: SR from a contested hex?

Post by dr.hal »

As I recall, in my experience they can SR IN reinforcements but they must "walk" out. I did have your situation once and I believe that's what was possible.
margeorg

Post by margeorg »

That´s how I remember it too. When a base hex is contested you can´t get out via strategic movement.
Cheers
Martin
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Many thanks, game back on track!
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Yes, I seem to remember Alfred stating that you can RR in to a base you control but with enemy present, but you can't RR out. Probably not a good idea to be in those train cars when the enemy attacks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”