ZOC?

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Toby42

ZOC?

Post by Toby42 »

What are the effects of ZOC? Does a unit have to stop when entering an enemy ZOC? Also I imagine that it also impedes supply?

Also, Forts. What effects does an empty fort hex have? It seems as though an Allied unit just moves through one um-impeded?

I'm starting to get into the flow of WEGO! Kinda different than what I'm used to, and that's good...
Tony
tombo

RE: ZOC?

Post by tombo »

...also when/how does a unit lose its ZOC?

cheers.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: tombo

...also when/how does a unit lose its ZOC?

cheers.
Manual Page 12:

If there is an upside down triangle in the top left corner (of the unit icon), it indicates the unit
does not exert any Zone of Control to the surrounding hexes. This normally
appears when a unit arrives during the game. It can also happen if a unit is
disrupted enough by combat or lack of supply.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
tombo

Post by tombo »

Thanks Rasp...i see it now.

So back to Treale...affects of ZOC?
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Enemy units can't move past a unit that exerts a Zone of Control. Nor can supply be traced through a ZoC.

A unit loses its ZoC in two ways. If its forced to retreat it temporarily loses its ZoC for the rest of the turn. Also, if its disruption level exceeds its quality rating it loses its ZoC until that isn't the case.

An empty fort has no effect on movement.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Enemy units can't move past a unit that exerts a Zone of Control. Nor can supply be traced through a ZoC.

A unit loses its ZoC in two ways. If its forced to retreat it temporarily loses its ZoC for the rest of the turn. Also, if its disruption level exceeds its quality rating it loses its ZoC until that isn't the case.

An empty fort has no effect on movement.

Thanks Frank. Any news on the update?
Tony
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

I haven't heard anything back yet. I did make a change to the executable yesterday when I realized the selection of the additional screen resolution wasn't being saved between sessions. I hope that doesn't delay things.

Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Is there a way to turn off the auto-saves?
Tony
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

No there isn't. But it won't keep creating them endlessly. When you start a new game it saves over the previous game's autosaves.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

No there isn't. But it won't keep creating them endlessly. When you start a new game it saves over the previous game's autosaves.

Ok, I can live with that! Is there an overlay for air power range? If so, I can't find it? But then I'm not very observant. Just ask my wife!
Tony
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

No, no air overlay.
Jim Cobb
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

I hadn't bothered with doing an overlay because in the Sicily scenario and the Italy scenarios after Foggia falls, the whole map is within airpower range. But yes I should have illustrated in some way airpower range in the early going of the Italy scenario.

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”