New Beta Scenario: Northern Voyage

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Coiler12

New Beta Scenario: Northern Voyage

Post by Coiler12 »

Extremely rough scenario involving a mid-1950s clash between two British SSKs and a small Soviet convoy. As I'm not very good with either playing as or making scenarios with diesel subs, don't hesitate to criticize.

-Briefing is not done, and all ship positions are quite preliminary. This whole scenario may be unworkable due to the shallow water.
Attachments
NorthernVoyage.zip
(15.3 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Flankerk

RE: New Beta Scenario: Northern Voyage

Post by Flankerk »

Tried this and most things working, agreed the waters are shallow though that maybe a problem for the player to resolve?
I think the weather is calm though so the periscopes seem to get spotted pretty quickly. I lost both subs for an average score, mind you one I managed to torpedo myself.
The Russians reacted as you'd expect and lots of depth charge throwers etc.
I wasn't as sure on the intensity oddly enough, in essence I ran into several convoys from the outset, while my subs are in pretty close proximity to each other.
I expected fewer contacts perhaps and work in getting into the right position. The only other aspect I just wondered about, was whether the ports could be added in, to give the player some decisions on where to head?

I like the location, and on balance operating in the shallow areas is a nice problem to solve I think.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”