New modern equipment file - download here !

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

r6kunz

RE: "Modern" equipment file (good WW2 data already exists info in this topic where!)

Post by r6kunz »

helfish6 (a callsign?)

I just checked into your website- nice!

http://sites.google.com/site/headquarterscompany/
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
Oberst_Klink

RE: "Modern" equipment file (good WW2 data already exists info in this topic where!)

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

Howdy

I think I'm the originator of the file (er, rather, my site was listed at the beginning, and looking at the latest file I think the new EQP was derived from my original one). If so, thanks for keeping it alive!

I'd like to suggest some additions to the DB:

SA-24 MANPADs (Russia)
SA-26s (upgraded SA-3 Goas) (Russia)
SA-22/Pantsirs (Russia)
BTR-82s (Russia)
T-84 Oplot (Ukraine)
T-64BM Bulat (Ukraine)
BTR-94 (Ukraine - BTR-80 with twin 23mm)
Mate,
the .XML format confuses some folks so I used Andy's tool to make sure no formatting or data errors occurred. I got them as .EQP, so if you can publish them on your site, aye? Attached, just needs to be re-named to .ZIP.

Klink, Oberst
Attachments
TOAW EQP Files.txt
(149.25 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Howdy

I think I'm the originator of the file (er, rather, my site was listed at the beginning, and looking at the latest file I think the new EQP was derived from my original one). If so, thanks for keeping it alive!

SA-24 MANPADs (Russia)
SA-22/Pantsirs (Russia)
BTR-82s (Russia)
T-84 Oplot (Ukraine)
T-64BM Bulat (Ukraine)
Mate,
the .XML format confuses some folks so I used Andy's tool to make sure no formatting or data errors occurred. I got them as .EQP, so if you can publish them on your site, aye? Attached, just needs to be re-named to .ZIP.

Klink, Oberst

Got it. Will update. Thanks!
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Howdy

SA-24 MANPADs (Russia)
SA-22/Pantsirs (Russia)
BTR-82s (Russia)
T-84 Oplot (Ukraine)
T-64BM Bulat (Ukraine)

Some of these are already in I believe.......but someone can add them ofc. Then I would say in the "spare equipment" section so not to f*** up the existing structure.

I will upload a last version next week, which only has value chances in the "AIR" category. Only ONE slot was changed the British "TSR" bomber (which only had 2 prototypes) was deleted therefore an upgraded Buccaneer was added. People can change and use this as they wish, as I have no time anymore to play around with it at the moment. I suggest we create ONE file with which most people can live so that not different versions float around and everyone is confused which to use....[;)]
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Well the air combat and anti air system needs more research and testing which I cannot do... so we should wait until next TOAW version is out and then test these things properly. I still think that naval stuff should only be a "goodie" to play with but not seriously implemented because TOAW is foremost a land combat system. The same could be said for air, but it is far more important to work to a certain decree in the game. Even if air seems not as important as it should be...But this could also be a good thing to upkeep and not meddle in the TOAW strength which is landcombat and where the resources of developers should be concentrated instead adding more features that distract from it - but this is a bit OT).

To go back to the land side of things, I may post some examples how weapons are rated in this database.

Example 1: Marder IFV there are 3 modells of it in this file.

-Marder 1A1/A2 - the first widely produced version:
AP: Take value of basic 20mm AA gun, add some points for better ammo/FC + 2 x medium MG value
AT: 20mm had 2 AT, add 1 for better FCS/ammo
-Marder 1A2+/1A3
AP: Distract 1 x med mg, but add 1 or 2 points for a potential AP value of ATGM (even if unlikely it would be used this way)
AT: Add Milan ATGM
Armor: Add few points for slightly better armor on this modell, nothing dramatic however, so also the speed and agile values stay.
-Marder 1A5 (uparmored modell - used in A´stan for example)
AP: same
AT: Add points for better missile (Milan2 or 3 cant remember which one)
Armor: Add more points for better armor, also this time it should get "composite" armor value because the Heat protection was updated (vs. RPGs etc.). However the weight also increased this time more, so it loses the "agile" trait

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Well I PLAYED some more TOAW too learn more about game mechanics and may add some more small fixes and then upload this AS THE LAST version from my side. I will incorporate then some scen designers suggestions maybe later...pls. review the file that is up now and post mistakes here.... Disregared AIR and AA(missiles) for a while cause that needs exhaustive testing and the final version (from me) will have some tweaks for aircraft.
Jo van der Pluym

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Well I PLAYED some more TOAW too learn more about game mechanics and may add some more small fixes and then upload this AS THE LAST version from my side. I will incorporate then some scen designers suggestions maybe later...pls. review the file that is up now and post mistakes here.... Disregared AIR and AA(missiles) for a while cause that needs exhaustive testing and the final version (from me) will have some tweaks for aircraft.

Hi Alpha77

Sorry for my curriousity but how far is the progress with youre update?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Hi,

last / latest version of this file (the same that I already mailed to menheer crazy dutch) :) It is attached to post.
Attachments
moderneqp..toaw201.zip
(52.74 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

You may like this one:
Attachments
equipment.zip
(41.34 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Proletariat of the world, unite!

Return to “Scenario Design”