Facing oddity

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
HobbesACW

Facing oddity

Post by HobbesACW »

Wondering if this is a bug? A T-70 is shown in the screenshot firing at the side armour of a PZIV.
Yet the text shows 'Rear Turret Armor' - the turret looks aligned so side turret armour should be shown?
I assume a unit at the position marked as * 2 * would hit side armour? Units at positions marked as * 1 * would
hit the rear. What would a unit marked in the * 3 * position hit? This doesn't seem to be explained in the manual?

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments
Capture8.jpg
Capture8.jpg (105.41 KiB) Viewed 66 times
HobbesACW

RE: Facing oddity

Post by HobbesACW »

While on the subject of facing I'm a little confused about the flanking fire bonus.
Would fire coming from these hexes be considered as flanking fire?
I think the manual just says two non-adjacent hexes - what if the fire comes along a hex line like this? Is it flanking?

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments
Capture9.jpg
Capture9.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Sanrepy

Post by Sanrepy »

ORIGINAL: hobbes

Wondering if this is a bug? A T-70 is shown in the screenshot firing at the side armour of a PZIV.
Yet the text shows 'Rear Turret Armor' - the turret looks aligned so side turret armour should be shown?
I assume a unit at the position marked as * 2 * would hit side armour? Units at positions marked as * 1 * would
hit the rear. What would a unit marked in the * 3 * position hit? This doesn't seem to be explained in the manual?

It does seem a bug, based on my rather extensive knowledge of the bord game rules. As for the unit in *3*, it would probably be a rear shot in this case,as mentionned in the manual:

If the incoming shot is traced exactly down the line between
hit locations (side and rear, for example) the shot is considered
to hit the location most favorable to the shooter
Horvo

Post by Horvo »

I've had armor facing bugs as well. I had one situation where the computer swapped the facing of our two units so I was shooting at front armor and the AI tank was shooting at side armor, when it should have been the reverse. The two units were adjacent so maybe that causes problems.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: hobbes

Cheers,
Chris

This is why I like Squares over hexes as it's pretty obvious if using squares what's a rear and what are side flanking shots. The only true rear shot I see you did not mark and I would consider 1's and 3's side flanking shots. Squares give true rear and true frontal shots while the 4 flanking sides would be an advatage not as much of an advantage as a true flank or true rear. Your guess is as good as mine with hexes though. Never really liked them though.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

It's a bug, fixed for next version. Thanks for finding it!

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”