Expansions, Campaigns, and Equipment File(s)

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

WierdScience

Expansions, Campaigns, and Equipment File(s)

Post by WierdScience »

I purchased Panzer Corps (PC) approximately six months ago after viewing several comparisons to Panzer General (PG). Because of it surprisingly close resemblance to PG (and a disbelief that a computer game released this decade would have no drm); I have spent many hours enjoying PC. I am currently considering purchasing the boxed copies of Allied Corps (AC) and Africa Korps (AK) but have a few questions concerning the equipment file and campaigns.

Do the expansions use the default equipment.pzdat or a special file just for the specific expansion? If the expansion(s) use the file in 'Panzer Corps\data'; does the installer modify/backup the original equipment.pzdat? Just thought it would be interesting having a sand blasted Mark IV defending during the D-Day invasion (all that gray - just happy for the occasional SE unit) or seeing any new unit (either side) during another play thru of PC.

If/when I purchase the Grand Campaign (GC) MegaPack; is there a unified campaign file? For example: instead of ending GC '39 and saving core after Narvik, go straight to Eben-Emael. It would be even nicer to have a unified campaign file that would include a AK branch or am I dreaming/asking too much?
James Ward

RE: Expansions, Campaigns, and Equipment File(s)

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: WierdScience

If/when I purchase the Grand Campaign (GC) MegaPack; is there a unified campaign file? For example: instead of ending GC '39 and saving core after Narvik, go straight to Eben-Emael. It would be even nicer to have a unified campaign file that would include a AK branch or am I dreaming/asking too much?

In the GC your core is saved and you have the option of using it to start the next year or you can start over if you like. So while there is a save point you can keep the same units through the whole campaign.

If you transfer to the another Front then you can only take a portion of your core.

Return to “Panzer Corps”