Difference between Download and Boxed

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Lonewolf

Difference between Download and Boxed

Post by Lonewolf »

Other than the $18 price difference and the physical DVD, what else is in the box?

As for the manual: Color or B/W? How many pages? What type of info are in the printed manual?

P.S. I wished at times that I have bought boxed set of WITP:AE because of the manual. I hate reading pdf and you cannot print it out as cheaply while keeping the quality. The WITP manual contains useful information that will come in handy after you learned how the basic works.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War In The Pacific: AE
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
meskary

RE: Difference between Download and Boxed

Post by meskary »

I don't have the manual handy, but it is a nice color high quality color manual. Good pictures etc...
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Other than pretty pictures. Any charts, rules, tables, etc.?

Since the boxed edition includes download, that way I can download/install while I wait for the box to arrive. Question is: Will I still need the manual once I figure out how to play the game?
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, it includes an appendix with relevant game charts as well. The PDF manual has the same content as the color printed manual, it's just not a nice color printed manual.

I think the game is pretty easy to learn based on the in-game tutorials given your previous experience, but the manual helps with mastering the game if you want to be a very good player.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Thank you Erik.

Just ordered boxed edition. Download takes less than 2 minutes for me, 5 MB/s. Fast internet helps.

Downloaded couple of the mods so I can visit the classic SL scenario: Guards Counter Attack. I'll go through the tutorial later. I have to look in the pdf manual just to get couple of controls figured out.

Trying to print the manual last time with WITP:AE cost me more than the price difference at Kinkos and the quality was worse.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Ive never bought a boxed game from Matrixgames before. But I got the boxed version with my beta-test voucher along with the download. The box looks great and feels heavy. But I just don't have the heart to unwrap and open it.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

I had bought the Uncommon Valor boxed edition back many years when it first came out. However it was bought from an authorized online retailer locally, the guy run it out of his basement so I had to pick up the box from his house.

Since the manual (for WITP:AE) contains more than just simple commands to play the game, it will be nice to have it. Also the pdf has a dark background with light color text, that by itself will be a printer nightmare. Kinkos charges way more than the $18 difference + shipping cost if you want to print/bind a decent copy.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Ive never bought a boxed game from Matrixgames before. But I got the boxed version with my beta-test voucher along with the download. The box looks great and feels heavy. But I just don't have the heart to unwrap and open it.

Easy solution. Just buy another copy [:D]
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Easy solution. Just buy another copy [:D]

Sigh...Ofcourse your right.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Physical copy arrived today by "snail mail" from Los Angeles. Physical manual looks super. I wish I did the same with WITP.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Check if alos your have an error.My copy have page 82-83 instead of 32-33 repeated also for others pages.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Lonewolf

Physical copy arrived today by "snail mail" from Los Angeles. Physical manual looks super. I wish I did the same with WITP.

The printed manual for WitP is very much out of date after all the patches (the latest one just last month [X(]. Not too bad for a game this old [:)]) So you are just as well off with the pdf version as the printed one.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”