1.9.0.13 - fleet troop load from planet loads troops from other sources

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Kayoz

1.9.0.13 - fleet troop load from planet loads troops from other sources

Post by Kayoz »

Description:
When a fleet is ordered to load troops from planet X AND the troop capacity of the fleet exceeds the available troops, some ships from the fleet split off to load troops from other planets to fill it's capacity.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a fleet with 2400 troop capacity (eg: 6 ships with 400 each).
2. Place them near a planet with 12 infantry (1200 load)
3. Create second planet with 12 more infantry (in another system, preferably)
4. Order fleet to load troops from planet (#2 above).
5. Observe ship behaviour.

Explanation:
Troop load code looks for other sources for troops if capacity is not filled. This is inconsistent with the implied behaviour that the fleet load troops from the designated planet and ONLY the designated planet. If this is WAD, then the behaviour should be clearly specified in the interface.

Caveat:
This is an old bug, AFAIK, but I can't find the thread. Just documenting it again so that Elliot might address it in his expected DW:U bug sweep.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
ReadeB

RE: 1.9.0.13 - fleet troop load from planet loads troops from other sources

Post by ReadeB »

Pretty sure this is WAD. Think it was introduced recently (1.9.0.13).

We've requested a load ONLY at this planet fleet option, which you can do manually on a per ship basis.

Maybe in UNIVERSE.
Kayoz

RE: 1.9.0.13 - fleet troop load from planet loads troops from other sources

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: ReadeB

Pretty sure this is WAD. Think it was introduced recently (1.9.0.13).

We've requested a load ONLY at this planet fleet option, which you can do manually on a per ship basis.

Maybe in UNIVERSE.

I believe you are correct - introduced in 1.9.0.13 and was intentionally designed that way.

But I that SHOULD NOT work this way. The implication of the text is not consistent with it's behaviour. The current implementation will only serve to confuse and annoy new players. I agree, there should be two orders - "load troops from planet X" (and only planet X) and "load troops from nearest" (and fill capacity from other sources as needed).
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Tech Support”