Can you play AE on an ASUS T100?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cribtop

Can you play AE on an ASUS T100?

Post by Cribtop »

Just curious.
Lokasenna

RE: Can you play AE on an ASUS T100?

Post by Lokasenna »

I would guess yes. The biggest obstacle to overcome is whether or not it runs Windows. The second obstacle is whether it will support the graphics that WITP needs to run.

And this "tablet" does run Win 8(.1?), so it should run. I looked at the specs. Base quad-core and 2GB RAM, with Intel HD graphics, and it should be fine.

My source: I run WITP on dual core, 2GB RAM, and Intel HD 43/45 graphics on my work machine.

So I'm pretty sure it would run and would be disappointed if not, but the "not" is definitely a possibility. If whether or not it will run WITP is your pivot point, take that into consideration. If you're getting it for other reasons and WITP capability is just a bonus, then I'd classify it as a probable addition to the pro column.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

So, what is an ASUS T100?
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I just looked it up. It's a cross between a laptop and a tablet.

The graphics need to do 1024X768 and you need to load about 500MB of data into memory to run the game. With multi-core processors you do need to set some command line switches to get it to work without crawling, but there are many threads on that here. If the interface is touch screen only (can't use a mouse), you will probably lose a few minor features that are accessed via right click, but all those features are convenience things that can be done in other ways too. There are also handy keyboard shortcuts, but they just bypass some mouse clicks.

So you might find the interface a little cumbersome without a mouse or keyboard, but it should be doable.

I wouldn't guarantee it, but I think it's possible.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I just looked it up. It's a cross between a laptop and a tablet.

The graphics need to do 1024X768 and you need to load about 500MB of data into memory to run the game. With multi-core processors you do need to set some command line switches to get it to work without crawling, but there are many threads on that here. If the interface is touch screen only (can't use a mouse), you will probably lose a few minor features that are accessed via right click, but all those features are convenience things that can be done in other ways too. There are also handy keyboard shortcuts, but they just bypass some mouse clicks.

So you might find the interface a little cumbersome without a mouse or keyboard, but it should be doable.

I wouldn't guarantee it, but I think it's possible.

Bill

Pretty much this.

It looks like it has a dock. FWIW, my Asus TF300 tablet has a keyboard dock that seems to have right-click capability though I haven't checked to see if it has software support. I would imagine that it does in Windows.
tbothy

Post by tbothy »

Should be able to play, Screen Res is quoted at 1366*768 and has 2gb of mem , 32 gb of storage... the text will be small because of a small screen, but it should work

Return to “Tech Support”