Bugs in Game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

SoulBlazer

Bugs in Game

Post by SoulBlazer »

Hi, first off, GREAT game and I've really been enjoying it. Understand it's not yet finished, but I've encountered a few bugs.

I'm not sure the current version I'm using, but it's the newest one.

1) There seems to be no way to do the early short term goal of raising a person's 'flight controller' skill up to 90 percent in the Mission Control building. First, that skill doesn't exist, second, I can have all their skills above 90 percent and still fail.
2) Some animations on the R&D progress screen are either missing or showing the item next to it for some reason.
3) Sometimes when watching a launch there's no sound or music for some reason. It seems random.
4) Despite the buttons working and the game starting, the US and USSR Campaigns do not seem working.
5) And not really a bug, but complaint/suggestion -- the X to cancel a R&D person from a project in the mission screen is SO small I was playing for a week before I saw it! Plus it's white on white so it hides. I was always going to the R&D screen and yanking folks that way before I saw it.

Finally, are there plans to add more 'moon' options? In BARIS, you could get to the moon four ways -- two man capsule, three man capsule, four man capsule, and reuseable plane/shuttle. I see the two man capsule is here both ways, and there's historical, but is that is? Are others planned?
The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison
CowboyRonin

RE: Bugs in Game

Post by CowboyRonin »

I can answer 4 and the final question - the "race" campaigns aren't built yet. I know we haven't done any of the script work behind the Soviet missions (other than skeletons). As for your final question, I think the GSA campaign will just have 2 (Gemini) and 3 (Apollo) capsules. There are more options on the work-up to the moon, but only the 2 landers. Obviously, the Soviet race scenario will have their own lander (and I'm waiting for that one as eagerly as anyone). I really don't see anything else making it into the first game (this is planned as the first game of a series, if you haven't seen those references elsewhere).

I have logged your other issues to the developers.
Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester
SoulBlazer

RE: Bugs in Game

Post by SoulBlazer »

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the US Campaign was working either...the button clicking them works, so I thought it was working. Oh well. I know there's a major patch coming this month also.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just not finished yet -- in the Sandbox mode, when the Jupiter probe mission succeeds, you get a message saying you can now do a Saturn one, and the planet flashes -- but you can't click on it, or open a program, or do anything with it.

And Astronauts are currently set to retire WAY too late. It makes sence that R&D and Controller people would stay with you for 20-30 years. But not your fly boys! They should retire around the same age that they do in real life.
The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison

Return to “Tech Support”