Redeeming Your Steam Key

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

IainMcNeil

Redeeming Your Steam Key

Post by IainMcNeil »

*** EDIT ***

The process of redeeming a Steam key has been changed because of the new site design. Please see the new instructions here:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 58&t=93585

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
FroBodine

RE: Redeeming Your Steam Key

Post by FroBodine »

Congratulations on getting Panzer Corps and all expansions on Steam. And, welcome to the surreal world of Steam forums. Your life will never be the same. [;)]
U2

Post by U2 »

So I have my Steam serial...what do I do now?

EDIT: managed to figure it out [:)]
mossicon

Post by mossicon »

Excellent news! Thanks for this :)

Look forward to more Matrix games making the transition.
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

Congrats! worked well for me, but just to confirm I already own panzer corp and 1939 and 1940. Buying the rest of the add ons via Steam will presumably work seamlessly with that version, but will I be able to use those other years with my non steam version as well?

(will I get a Slitherine serial with the Steam purchase?)

Thanks!
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

So I always register my games on Matrix's website not Slitherine. The usernames I use between the two sites are different as well. I am having issues getting my steam key because when I try the recommended steps for the steam key it tells me the key is already registered... I assume because it's registered to my Matrix account?
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Just saw over in Wargamer.com that you'll only accept Slitherine keys which I think is fine if you let people who've registered on Matrix also register on Slitherine. However, it seems so far that the activation system is smart enough to realize that a matrix key was already registered when trying to register on slitherine but not smart enough to use both matrix and slitherine keys.

Is there anyway to unregister a key from Matrix so it can then be moved over to Slitherine like a lot of games let you de-activate a license on one machine and move it?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

@Casinn - we don't have a way to issue serials from Steam right now so if you want to register it both here and on Steam you need to buy from us.

@flanyboy - all serial numbers work as is clearly spelled out in this message. All you need to do is register them at Slitherine as per the instructions above. Where on the wargamer is it saying on Slitherine serials work as they are mistaken? You can register all your serials both here and on Slitherine. The system do not talk to each other. If your serial is already registered it means you've already registered it on Slitherine, likely in another account. E.g. if you play multiplayer it registers your serials to the username you use for multiplayer.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Alright thanks Iain I guess it wasn't so clear to me. I'll try and see if I have another account. Thanks for the help again. [:)]
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

@Casinn - we don't have a way to issue serials from Steam right now so if you want to register it both here and on Steam you need to buy from us.

@flanyboy - all serial numbers work as is clearly spelled out in this message. All you need to do is register them at Slitherine as per the instructions above. Where on the wargamer is it saying on Slitherine serials work as they are mistaken? You can register all your serials both here and on Slitherine. The system do not talk to each other. If your serial is already registered it means you've already registered it on Slitherine, likely in another account. E.g. if you play multiplayer it registers your serials to the username you use for multiplayer.

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Hi flanyboy,
If you have any difficulties in finding your older account just contact us support[at]slitherine.co.uk or open a ticket in Matrix. :)
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

I sent an email to Slitherine thanks VPaulus.

Oddly enough it let me register all my DLCs for Panzer Corps just not the main game.
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

Thanks for the reply, I'll eventually get the rest of the dlc, so I'll get from matrix or Slitherine to make sure of compatibility both ways.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Slitherine support was speedy and great about getting my issue resolved, thanks guys!
tgb

Post by tgb »

I purchased Panzer Corps:Afrika Corps as a standalone game. I just retrieved my Steam key from the Slitherine site, but when I tried to register it, Steam thought it was just an expansion and wouldn't let me unless I registered the base Panzer Corps game first.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

The same issue happens with Allied Corps. I only have Allied Corps, and when I go to steam to redeem key, it says that I need the base game Panzer Corps.

Is this something that can be fixed?
AlbertoC

Post by AlbertoC »

*** EDIT ***

The process of redeeming a Steam key has been changed because of the new site design. Please see the new instructions here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=72513

JWW

Post by JWW »

I just bought Allied Corps today on sale. When I tried to activate the product on Steam, it gave me a duplicate key message. Is this a result of the change in the system going on? Should I wait a couple of days? Or should I submit a support request? I am happy to wait a couple of days and try again. I wasn't planning on playing the game immediately.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

We believe it's related with the moving of the Slitherine site.
If you have redeemed a Steam key then please contact us tech support. If you haven't, please don't redeem a Steam key until we fix the issue.
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

I bought all 3 US Corps packs from Matrix at the same time today, when I checked on Matrix site only one of them had been automatically registered (44-45), so I registered the other two on Matrix site, all seemed ok.

Then I went to Slitherine site, registered all 3 serials again, then went through the redeem key process to get the 3 steam keys, all seemed ok.

But when I activated them in Steam, 44-45 and 43 activated ok, but 42 comes up with a Steam Message about it being a Duplicate Product Code and has been used.

US Corps 42 is the only Pz Corps DLC showing as unbought in steam store?

Edit - Well after doing the redemming at what was the old page, I went to the new page that Iain links to above and "Get Steam Key" was still showing for US Corps 42 even though I had already redeemed a steam code for it on old page, so I used that steam code from the new page (it was a different code) and its activated ok now.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry you are having problems with the site. We have recently made some changes to the Slitherine site, and unfortunately this has had a wider impact on other aspects of the site.
We are working to resolve the issues, so I will let you know when we have fixed this issue.
Sorry for the delay while we fixed this.
Those who have redeemed duplicated Steam keys need to contact us and open a helpdesk ticket:
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
All the others that haven't redeem a Steam key should wait the redeeming, until we say here that everything is working.

Return to “Panzer Corps”