2.03a Update Feedback

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

2.03a Update Feedback

Post by CapnDarwin »

Okay, so was it a good update?
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
jack54

RE: 2.03a Update Feedback

Post by jack54 »

Wow....[&o] I've been playing Piper an awful lot since 2.03 because I feel it is a challenge for the AI. The AI Soviets just blew the doors off and ran through Hamelin. This is the first time I ever lost this scenario and I did it in style with a 35%.

The Soviets flanked and avoided the usual killing field. I'm only one scenario in so far; I don't know what you did but if this is all 2.03a it's superb. End map is below...

a small thing I did notice; I couldn't delete saved Campaigns from the load screen, I could delete saved scenario files though!

Attachments
FCRSPeipe..ith2.03a.jpg
FCRSPeipe..ith2.03a.jpg (222.56 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Sorry about the loss. [:D] As for the campaign file delete bug, I will check with Rob andlog it for a fix for 2.04.

bosbes

Post by bosbes »

I noticed that artillery is less effective then before.
Lone Ranger
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Hoe ist? In what way? What is shooting? What and where are the targets?

ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

I noticed it was less effective in the 2.03 public version than in the sort of 2.03 Grogheads version as well, but I thought that was just changed with 2.03.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Looking good so far, enjoying playing again
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Radagy

Post by Radagy »

Right now working as expected
Rondor11

Post by Rondor11 »

Fulda Frontier crashed 4 hours in. Not sure why.
Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rondor, any error messages? What was going on when it crashed?
Have you tried reloading from the latest save? If that crashes can you post the save file for us to look at.

Thanks.

battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Playing Rhino and Tracked Rapiers are engaging ground targets. One expended all missile ammo at some BMPs. One even took out a T-64!

Replaying this scenario for the Brits as I did for 203 all Brit Chieftains have been wiped out and everything else keeps running. Previously I got a Tactical victory with 20% loss, now I've had a 65% loss.

I can't get my missile troops to engage. Samson's used to fire at about 6-8 hexes and now I can't get them to fire above 2 hexes even when they're set to Screen. Vis is at 10km.

Infantry with Milan only fire at 1 hex.

And the Fire Support dialog doesn't update when new support becomes available. I had to click on the unit on the map to get it to appear in the dialogue.
Somerset, Uk
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

I have just played through Rhino and my Rapiers are only engaging Soviet helos, the ATGM's are working as intended, your game must be screwed up somehow...
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

His bug sounds very 2.01/2.02. We did have an issue.

ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Not directly related to 2.03a, but recon units are still too trigger happy.

A Luchs unit was in a woods hex overlooking a road. A T-64BV company appeared, which initially may not have been able to spot the Luchs.

The Luchs, though they have no weapon that could realistically penetrate the armour of a T-64BV at range, opened fire at 2 hex range. The result was predictable: they were wiped out.

It didn't matter whether they were in Screen or Hold mode: they always opened fire with their weapon with a practically zero chance of knocking out a tank for unclear reasons.

Another issue I'm now running into is that even though tanks don't have a preferred standoff range as I interpret the unit's information (my thinking is that a range of 0 essentially means it has none), they refuse to move to within 2 hexes of an enemy tank unit because of their preferred standoff range being higher.

The first scenario of the School Teacher campaign. Heavy rain/visibility 500 meters. There are some 20 or so T-64BV's in the objective town. The Leopards move to within 2 hexes. The T-64BV's can't see them. Even though they receive no incoming fire and should "know" that the enemy can't see them due to the reduced visibility, they automatically move out of the hex.

The only way to make them stay put is to either time their movement so that they move into the hex at the end of the turn so you can give them a Hold order, or give them an assault order for what should be a simple move and which takes too much time.

You want the Leopards to use their superior optics to engage the enemy tanks, but they won't, they always move back with an automated move order without firing a shot.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Regarding recon being too trigger happy, I am afraid we will have to wait until 2.1 and some of the changes that Rob and Jim are considering to improve the AI. I don't know if Cap'n D work some of his magic to try and give some relief. I will have to let him speak to that.

Regarding the tanks and other units backing up because of their standoff range (esp when is screen). The others in the development team will tell you I have been complaining about this problem since I joined the team. What is needed (as a minimum) is the ability to set the profile after a movement order. When I first joined they always ended in a screen. Rob at the time could not figure a way to allow the manual setting of profiles after a movement order. But to shut me up for awhile, they made the end profile for assaults to be hold. It didn't work (shutting me up). I kept the pressure up. In the meantime, Rob thinks he has figured out a way to allow us to set the profiles of the units after a movement order. He hopes to have in in place for 2.04. If it works, that will make a big different in the game and your problem (and mine) will be solved. For now, we will have to use an assault order if we want the unit to hold at the end of a movement order.

There are several features that could be added to this game that would raise the bar so to speak. Allowing to assign profiles at the end of movement is one of them. We will keep you up to date as the development of 2.04 continues and if Rob is able to get this working.

For additional profiles and orders, we will have to wait for the 2.1 engine.
Charles Belva
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Thanks for the explanation.

-

As I've reported before, helicopters don't need to fly to their HQ to resupply, they can still resupply anywhere after you manually order them to resupply.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
bosbes

Post by bosbes »

Well, I see artillery inflicts less damage to ground targets (infantry or armor targets) then before.
Lone Ranger
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I was sure we had the Helo resupply fixed. I'll add it to the bug tracking again. We must have bumped something. [:(]

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

There was a bug in the 2.01/2.02 code with respect to arty damage calculation and it was fixed. You should still get kills. ICM will be a noticeable killer versus HE. Cover of the target helps survival too. We will keep an eye on the outcomes to see if there is a problem.

cbelva

Post by cbelva »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

I was sure we had the Helo resupply fixed. I'll add it to the bug tracking again. We must have bumped something. [:(]
I thought I saw it working last night.
Charles Belva

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”