Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Surtur

Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Post by Surtur »

The award-winning strategy game Panzer Corps is now launching an attack on a new platform with its release on Steam!

Thanks to the fans who supported the game with thousands of votes, Panzer Corps was Greenlit on Steam last December. After two months of optimizing and adapting the game to this platform, and implementing 84 unique achievements, Panzer Corps and all of its expansions will finally be out on Wednesday, March the 12th! This means you will have access not only to the base game but also to the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps expansions by mid week!

This project would not have been possible without your full support. In order to thank every member of our current Panzer Corps community, we’re pleased to announce that when the game is available we will be giving a free Steam key to everyone who has a copy of the game, wherever you bought it from. All you need to so is register your serial number here and on release day you will be able redeem your code!

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official product page.
Alchenar

RE: Panzer Corps comes to Steam

Post by Alchenar »

This is really great news!
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Delete post
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Awesome that you guys got the game on there! It's definitely a gateway wargame title ideal for that platform. Very nice to give Steam codes to current owners as well.
blastpop

Post by blastpop »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Awesome that you guys got the game on there! It's definitely a gateway wargame title ideal for that platform. Very nice to give Steam codes to current owners as well.

I think its a good idea as well. With so much DLC for all the campaigns- I think Steam is well suited for a game of this type.

If you have it already installed, will Steam make the existing installation and saves "native to steam"? or to use Steam it would need to be re-installed?
Mark
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: blastpop
ORIGINAL: Ranger33

I think its a good idea as well. With so much DLC for all the campaigns- I think Steam is well suited for a game of this type.

If you have it already installed, will Steam make the existing installation and saves "native to steam"? or to use Steam it would need to be re-installed?
You'll have to install the Steam version. However, the saves folder in "Documents\My games\Panzer Corps" will be used by the Steam version. You can load the save games from the non-steam version and vice-versa.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

This great news for all us gamers! [:)] However, I hope Maxtrix will also continue to release all titles physically (DVD or CD disc and sometimes paper manual) now and in the future! The Steam releases will open up a whole new group (generation) of war gamers! [X(]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys, this will change nothing as far as how we offer games in our own online store.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

Is there any advantage to Matrix for me to install the steam versions ?
Will you get better profile or similar if I do.

Also is there a cost to you if I do so (do you have to pay steam for those keys) ?
tide1530

Post by tide1530 »

Just finished a quick try out on Steam. Tried the basic game and the 43 grand campaign. They both worked fine for me [:)] all the other Steam keys seemed to have worked also. I had the core game and six campaigns [;)]
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: catwhoorg

Is there any advantage to Matrix for me to install the steam versions ?
Will you get better profile or similar if I do.

Also is there a cost to you if I do so (do you have to pay steam for those keys) ?
If you don't care about Steam achievements then there's no other advantage, besides the easiness of installing the game.

You can redeem your Steam keys at no cost:
http://www.slitherine.com/login?return_ ... am_serials
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

I really hope you guys put more games on Steam. That has frankly been one of my issues with buying more Matrix games. If the games were easily accessible through something like Steam, I would probably buy more.

I hope to see my John Tiller games there eventually. I would also love to see Carriers at War (thought I hope the price would drop too.)

Thanks,
Duncan
Carrier Rifle Section should be modeled with their Bren guns!
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

There is no cost to us for giving out the Steam keys if you buy from us, though obviously if you buy from Steam they take a big chunk :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I'm really surprised not to see Panzer Corps in top 100 of Steam, especially as it is based on current sales.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I'm really surprised not to see Panzer Corps in top 100 of Steam, especially as it is based on current sales.

Launching really quietly in the middle of a Rockstar games sale probably hurt. As does not getting a place on the featured games slide. Panzer Corps already isn't on the front page of New Releases, there's no reason to believe most people saw it.
U2

Post by U2 »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Yes, where are all the millions of wargamers that just did not know they like wargames unless Matrix started releasing games on Steam [:D][:D][:D]
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

It was up around 60th or so a day or two after release. Not stellar but someone was buying it.

At some point, if they really want to reach the top of the charts, they'll need to put the whole bundle on sale for a much lower price (~75% off) while there aren't any other big sales going on, or as part of the summer/winter sales.
JDM

Post by JDM »

Don't hold your breath-[>:]

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”