Couple things

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ekaton

Couple things

Post by Ekaton »

I am playing this game for a while now (10th march in the campaign with quiet China and starting on 8th December) and I have couple questions (perhaps pretty noobish ones):

1. I keep having 0 political points for a while now. Is this intended? Perhaps it has something to do with Singapore, Rangoon and Manila beeing in my hands?
2. When I am trying to get several American divisions aboard my transport ships in Pearl Harbor they do not appear on the list of troops to take. Is this intended? The ship are perfectly capable of taking troops aboard them and I didn't have such trouble with British and Australian troops along with some American from the continent which I move to New Guinea in December.
3. Is this intended that AI keeps attacking Singapore even though it has no chances to win and lose about 4000 troops every time to 300-400 mine?
I need ten females for each male...
Amoral

RE: Couple things

Post by Amoral »

1. You likely have a ship, air group or LCU that was supposed to have been withdrawn. You pay a PP cost for keeping these units past their withdrawal date.

2. My guess is that the units you want to load are attached to a restricted command. Restricted units cannot board ships.

3. Yes it is intended. The AI will not give up on Singapore. If you have repulsed several attacks over the course of a few months then the war is won. The Japan AI is generally not able to recover the initiative if you get it back footed. Time to restart and choose a harder scenario.
Ekaton

Post by Ekaton »

Thanks for the quick reply!

1. Is there any way to check which units were supposed to have been withdrawn but are not?

Never mind, found the answer [8|]
I need ten females for each male...
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Yes, go to the toobar at the top and click on the "I" button. There you will be able to pull up both scheduled reinforcements and withdrawals for ships, ground and air units. Best to check the air and ship units about once every week in game turns, just to make sure. You will get messages at the end of the OP report following each turn when a unit does not withdraw and you have to pay PP. Ground units withdraw automatically, you only need to make sure they are not in a key location at the time because they just vanish.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”