Big UI Improvement Suggestion

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Horvo

Big UI Improvement Suggestion

Post by Horvo »

I've played through most of the scenarios now and I've thought of something that would alleviate one of my frustrations. Right now when I am searching for targets it will often tell me there is a 30% chance of damage, but then when I click to fire it is out of LOS. So I switch off the unit and go to the LOS string and try to find a way to get a shot or find new targets without knowing the possible damage percentage.

My suggestion would be to automatically have the LOS string indicator on when you are searching for targets. This way the probable damage % would be indicated but you would also see immediately that the target is LOS and why. I would love to be able to just search for targets and have the LOS string on automatically. Of course this could just be a toggled option for those who wouldn't prefer it, but for me it would speed up gameplay significantly. I have no idea how difficult the coding would be, but I sure would appreciate it. thanks
tyrion22

RE: Big UI Improvement Suggestion

Post by tyrion22 »

ORIGINAL: Horvo

I've played through most of the scenarios now and I've thought of something that would alleviate one of my frustrations. Right now when I am searching for targets it will often tell me there is a 30% chance of damage, but then when I click to fire it is out of LOS. So I switch off the unit and go to the LOS string and try to find a way to get a shot or find new targets without knowing the possible damage percentage.

My suggestion would be to automatically have the LOS string indicator on when you are searching for targets. This way the probable damage % would be indicated but you would also see immediately that the target is LOS and why. I would love to be able to just search for targets and have the LOS string on automatically. Of course this could just be a toggled option for those who wouldn't prefer it, but for me it would speed up gameplay significantly. I have no idea how difficult the coding would be, but I sure would appreciate it. thanks

+1
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee
InuharikoMu

Post by InuharikoMu »

ORIGINAL: Horvo

+1
“If a man does his best, what else is there?”
― George S. Patton Jr.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

The LOS is awfully slow (in computer terms) because of all the polygons it checks and so forth, that's why it doesn't automatically pop up shading about what you can and can't see.

But it might be ok just doing a quick hex-to-hex check there when you hover over a unit, I'll try that out and see if it is doable.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”