Building maps from mpp files.

Post new mods and scenarios here.
jonj01

Building maps from mpp files.

Post by jonj01 »

Having some problems with building maps from mpp files. Put six together, no problem. Tried to put the same six together again, or change one of the six...I lose all the terrain data for the new mpp file ( Basically when I go back to F1, the map shows all x's in each hex instead of terrain data...and the LOS string acts like nothing is in those hexes) Yes, I saved the file and then reloaded it... same problem.
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Building maps from mpp files.

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

What happens if you hit Reload on each map panel on the Map Info screen? Does that fix it?
jonj01

RE: Building maps from mpp files.

Post by jonj01 »

Thanks for the reply and tried it,,tried resaving, the answer is "no"..

I had to reload the entire scenario from scratch using your Xcompleteblankmap file(I think that is its name) I also had some funky LOS problems after the terrain loaded, like the 3 hex building polygon on the village map showing a clear LOS right through it. And for some reason map place #4 on your "map info" window would load the terrain but not any of building polygons(using the games mpp files)it liked the "full forest hexes..but ignored the light forest hexes.

The reload/reconstruction fixed everything...I think I loaded the Xblank map the first time. And constructed it on that file before saving. And that might have been the problem. Or a bad save...or whatever. The reconstruction made me come to my senses and I removed the two river mpp files from the map. Rivers really mess up the ability to maneuver.

You said it in the manual and I must say it again to anyone reading.

One must make sure ALL your LOS stuff is right before you proceed with a scenario. Use the F9 key, save the file and check again. Decide on the placement of all your mpp files and check the LOS before proceeding to place units and victory hexes. Don't change the map after that.

I did a reinstall of the program..no help. It's really no big deal...It is really kinda like the cat jumping on a game setup on turn 1.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”