Help w1.03 patch

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

jkile

Help w1.03 patch

Post by jkile »

From reading, this patch is now stand alone, not just for BRS, correct???

Also, the one that works, is in zip-file, correct??? Where, how to unzip, to what file, please????

Do, I need patch 1.02 or is it included in newer one??? thanks.

jmk

addenum: I found 1.03 patch exc. in patch files of game but when I click on it to finish download, it says software not found, re-install game, then apply patch; however having bought via digital download AND eventhough I registered game, it says no additional downloads available, so I am stuck as to how to get this patch to download???!!!
Marshall Ney
TulliusDetritus

RE: Help w1.03 patch

Post by TulliusDetritus »

You should be able to download it [&:] Have you followed the link? It is public and you should find it in the AGEOD forum. It is comprehensive so don't worry. You execute the file, then it should automagically detect where you have installed the game (that's how it worked for me).

Cheers
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
jkile

Post by jkile »

Well, I sorta thought I had figured out how to get these patches downloaded; my game said 1.01, so I thought I'd download 1.02 first then 1.03!!!! Seemed to work, downloads said everything a-okay, but when I go into game(load screen) and on credit screen(read somewhere to check this) it still says 1.01!!!!???

I started a new game but can't tell so far(July, 62) that anything has changed!!?? I have restarted my computer at each patch download, but can't seem
to be able to tell whether patches are working. ANY IDEAS, anyone????
Marshall Ney
TulliusDetritus

Ok, if you indeed installed the patches (up to 1.03) and the game still says it's 1.01, then maybe the patch did not detect the folder with the game. If that is the case, the files were installed in some other folder -which you should find: you have to be a hound dog LOL-. Find it. Cut and Paste on the right folder.

Or try again installing the patch. If you are given the choice to select the folder, use the correct path of the game.

Other than that, I don't know.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Ace1_slith

Post by Ace1_slith »

Did you start 1.03 patch exe file?
jkile

Post by jkile »

Sorry guys, I can't figure this out. The only thing I can think of, is un-install everything and re-installing; BUT, since it's a digital download, I can't, because
some of my games registered w/Matrix have additional downloads, some don't and of course this is one of the don't. So, unless someone with Matrix, sees this and helps me out with a new download, I'm stuck.

thanks, to you have tried to help.

jmk
Marshall Ney
TulliusDetritus

Humm, you should be able to redownload the game. Matrixgames is really customer friendly. You have to have some data: the order # they send by email, the number of the credit card you used etc. etc.

Anyway, this sub-forum is basically desert. If I were you I would start a thread in the General Discussion forum, asking for help. Someone will notice it and they will do their best to help you [:)]

But this place is not the best place [:D]

Anyway, I am pretty certain the link to download the game is still active, even weeks after your purchase. What I don't get is where is the game file you downloaded? You deleted it? You should imitate NASA (as I do, well, sometimes I even surpass the NASA, amateurs LOL) and have TWO copies of everything. Ah paranoia! [:D]

Attachments
tumbleweed.gif
tumbleweed.gif (48.54 KiB) Viewed 46 times
jkile

Post by jkile »

TulliusDetritus, thanks for all your effort and I am going to post where you suggested; I don't know why, but I have had numerous problems w/Matrix games thru the years; and yes eventually they get it straighten out, but just like now it takes days and days. AND I did find another file where 1.03 was downloaded, but i can't it placed correctly in vanilla game for it to run andthing above 1.01!!

Again thanks,

JMK
Marshall Ney

Return to “Civil War II”