New PC, feedback appreciated.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

RE: New PC, feedback appreciated.

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

I have run Civ IV on win 7.

A couple of tips when installing older games on win 7,

- Don't install to "\Program files". I usually install games to separate "\games" directory.
- Make sure to install as admin (right-click, run as admin)

Did you have more problems installing, or running it?

I noticed that, it help for some programs. I got Neverwinter Nights 2 from gamersgate and mention it will not run or support 64 OS, least it worked on my pc. Maybe it has something to do with different install path and patches.
faraon

Post by faraon »

SSD drive will help a lot.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

So, got the PC on Friday, but so late that their support had closed. Set it up, realized that WoT did not run too well, tried to alter my graphics setting. No NVIDIA logo, just Intel.
They actually managed to forget to install my graphics card :(
PC sent back again...
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Can you order stuffs from newegg.com? if so i can pick out a good pc bungle for you.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ARGGGH, sorry Terje. I tried to look you up on World of Tanks but it said no user found.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Can you order stuffs from newegg.com? if so i can pick out a good pc bungle for you.

Thank you for the offer, but since komplett messed up by forhetting the graphics card they decided to give me a good deal, so I did not have to pay for the card and they upped my ram to 16gig :)

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

ARGGGH, sorry Terje. I tried to look you up on World of Tanks but it said no user found.

EU-server? I know I am on there ;)

Terje

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I stopped using NewEgg once they pulled the "pay to expedite" trick on me. I'm not using them again after that.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: terje439

EU-server? I know I am on there ;)

Terje

Ok, that's the issue. I guess not meant to be. I hear if you aren't in your home server, connection is bad.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

For those on a budget who want to boost their graphics capabilities consider the new nvidia 750ti card, doesn't require an upgraded power supply and is relatively cheap.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I stopped using NewEgg once they pulled the "pay to expedite" trick on me. I'm not using them again after that.

Also there are some hardwares with rebates and most of them doesnt kick in. But there are pros and cons about NewEgg.com.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

For those on a budget who want to boost their graphics capabilities consider the new nvidia 750ti card, doesn't require an upgraded power supply and is relatively cheap.

YES! The GTX 750 is even able to draw it's power supply from a PCI Express slot. This card is built for wargamers and others who don't do a lot of intensive mainstream gaming but want the ability to run games and media yet without tons of bells and whistles this thing lets you keep a modest pc and upgrade its GPu substantially over pretty much any store built machine layout.

Brilliant move if they can market it by nvidia imho.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Terje439, I made a friend and he is a bad player. I didn't realize it until after he friended me. :( He's young. I'm by no means an expert, but he is a lot worse than I am. Nice person, though.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Terje439, I made a friend and he is a bad player. I didn't realize it until after he friended me. :( He's young. I'm by no means an expert, but he is a lot worse than I am. Nice person, though.

That happens alot, nowadays I usually only play alongside clanmembers as we are then able to use our TS channel as we play. Random battles alone is usually a loss unless I play a top tier these days.

Terje

Return to “General Discussion”