Completed the campaign got my moneys worth

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
Haree78

Completed the campaign got my moneys worth

Post by Haree78 »

Has anyone ever found a 2 speed 2 endurance horse or chariot? Best I could find was a 1 Speed, 2 heaviness chariot and 1 speed, 2 endurance horses.
I circled the entire world checking high end locations and also visited obvious potential places like in Spain, the famous stables.

I'll try an epic campaign next with a different house.

I'd love to see the graphics opened up a bit to modding so the community could create graphics packs.
vonRocko

RE: Completed the campaign got my moneys worth

Post by vonRocko »

Good luck with "Epic". It's a different "ballgame", so to speak. I have never seen the 2 spd.and 2 end. yet, but like you, I see plenty of 1 and 2 combos.
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Antioch has 2 and 2 Chariots..
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

That depends on the faction you are playing with. For instance, if you played with the Russata faction, that starts with no chariot upgrades, It will be nearly impossible to see a fully upgraded chariot. Nearly...
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I just finished the campagn, and I never got my scythed chariots! I played Russata so maybe that was why.
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Has anyone ever found a 2 speed 2 endurance horse or chariot? Best I could find was a 1 Speed, 2 heaviness chariot and 1 speed, 2 endurance horses.
I circled the entire world checking high end locations and also visited obvious potential places like in Spain, the famous stables.

I'd love to see the graphics opened up a bit to modding so the community could create graphics packs.

I got the game only 2 days ago, played a couple Epic campaigns only a little way and while getting my behind kicked. Third try now, and have the faction leader, have opened up the Circus Maximus, over 101 races ran, 33 victories (32%). But I lose drivers over and over again. Best one alive has only 4 victories.

Anyway, to your question, I have not only seen, but have a 3 full teams of 2/2 horses. All three of my chariots are 2/1. Drivers are two 2/1 and a 1/1.

I am not sure if it matters where to buy horses or chariots, as long as you buy them at high tier cities. After every race, not matter what high tier city I'm in, I see new stuff available. I check it out, and if I have enough funds, keeping enough margin for the future, I buy the best. My funds have ranged from over 80k down to very low (like 8k) like a roller coaster. Worse thing is if I made a big investment in 2/2 horses and then have a couple of bad outcomes (dead horses, destroy chariots and/or dead drivers), it can still be touch and go to survive financially. And forget buying the extra perks (expensive), I am not even sure what they are (I read they were permanent medical, crafter and veterinary staff.

In any case, I strategy to win this campaign is to gather best equipment/personnel and enough money to keep them fully supplied. Then hope to keep enough drivers alive long enough to have one reach the top of the leaderboard.
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I got the game only 2 days ago, played a couple Epic campaigns only a little way and while getting my behind kicked. Third try now, and have the faction leader, have opened up the Circus Maximus, over 101 races ran, 33 victories (32%). But I lose drivers over and over again. Best one alive has only 4 victories.

Anyway, to your question, I have not only seen, but have a 3 full teams of 2/2 horses. All three of my chariots are 2/1. Drivers are two 2/1 and a 1/1.

I am not sure if it matters where to buy horses or chariots, as long as you buy them at high tier cities. After every race, not matter what high tier city I'm in, I see new stuff available. I check it out, and if I have enough funds, keeping enough margin for the future, I buy the best. My funds have ranged from over 80k down to very low (like 8k) like a roller coaster. Worse thing is if I made a big investment in 2/2 horses and then have a couple of bad outcomes (dead horses, destroy chariots and/or dead drivers), it can still be touch and go to survive financially. And forget buying the extra perks (expensive), I am not even sure what they are (I read they were permanent medical, crafter and veterinary staff.

In any case, I strategy to win this campaign is to gather best equipment/personnel and enough money to keep them fully supplied. Then hope to keep enough drivers alive long enough to have one reach the top of the leaderboard.

Quoting my own post because right after I post the above, in my very next race, I won, and I got the Campaign Victory screen! I obviously did not understand the victory conditions. I thought I needed the highest winning driver overall. But I remember seeing a quote in the Circus Maximus description that it takes 3 wins to be a star. That was my 3rd victory there. I guess that is what I had to get. Boy was I surprised.

My final score was 514. I am glad they have a ranking screen at the end, now with one entry for me. That gives me a reason to try to do better next time around.

Great game!
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

How long did it take to finish one campaign?
76mm

Post by 76mm »

How long did it take to finish one campaign?
I'm on 123 races, and have just won my first victory at Circus Maximus...I guess two more. Most of the weekend down the tubes...
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Wow, that's a lot of races.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Yeah, early on I would win a fair number of races, but not make much money, so I couldn't upgrade much--then I figured out that some courses pay much more than others, for the same risk. Plus I toured around a couple countries to see the various courses.

I just finished the epic campaign-128 races. Kind of an unsatisfying victory screen--nothing about the heroic aurigas, etc.

Return to “QVADRIGA”