Unable to access player database

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Derne

Unable to access player database

Post by Derne »

Uanable to acces player database????

I get this error and have been getting it since patch 1.0.3 I guess. I stops me from joining or starting new game sessions. I am able to continue the netplay global war scenario but since this scenario keeps popping up bugs I would like to play a smaller scenario. Any suggestions?
AxelNL

RE: Unable to access player database

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Derne

Uanable to acces player database????

I get this error and have been getting it since patch 1.0.3 I guess. I stops me from joining or starting new game sessions. I am able to continue the netplay global war scenario but since this scenario keeps popping up bugs I would like to play a smaller scenario. Any suggestions?

Hi Derne, I thought this was related to starting Netplay games where I am not so proficient. But I just read in another post that you get this with Solitair as well.

I have never seen this problem before. Some questions: did you type in a player name before starting a scenarion? If so - could you try to make sure it is the name under which you installed/upgraded the game? There is a data file with your registration number and name - could you try to find it in the install folder by looking at the newest files and see what the name inside is? Perhaps you accidentally misspelled it when upgrading?

These are all educated guesses as I do not know what the problem is. The strange part is that you are able to continue with the Netplay scenario.

You could also try to re-install the game in a new folder. I have two installs which work indepently from each other. The only place they share something is in the Registry where the version number and the registration is kept. Running the updater will work for both installs, but as it checks the Registry for the version number it will work only for one install per release. You can alternate pointing the updater to the two install folders so that you always have the current and the previous version ready to use.
I have a customer registration number and a beta number - but I think this should work with only one number as well.
paulderynck

RE: Unable to access player database

Post by paulderynck »

There should be no need to go to the NetPlay forum if you want to play solitaire. So for solitaire this is no issue.

There have been several posts about this so if anything here you've read before, tried, and it hasn't helped, then I apologize.

Since it was working before and is working for the Global War scenario, then I suspect your problem is that when you try to start a new game, you must enter the player names exactly as they appear in the respective NetPlayReg.txt files - including upper and lower case.

Open your working Global War save with Notepad or any text editor. Not far down in the file you'll see the player names. Those identical player names should work for you (for the same opponent, of course) when starting a new NetPlay game.

Paul

Return to “Tech Support”