2 Screen Issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Anonymous

2 Screen Issues

Post by Anonymous »

Running Win 8.1 64bit with a 1080p and a 1280x1024 screen.
On the 1080p screen I have the main map on full screen. on the 1280 screen I have the floating panels. When I go so save the game, the dialog that verifies that I want to save my gave is no where to be seen. I no longer can select anything and have to End Task WIF.

Anyone with a similar setup not having issues?
Centuur

RE: 2 Screen Issues

Post by Centuur »

On your second screen, make sure the main form is located at the top of the screen and it isn't directly on the left hand corner too. Put it somewhere as in the screen layout I'm posting now (that's a single screen one, but for multiple screens, it should be in about the same position). This is in most cases the source of the problem you are having, since the main form seems to give directions on what form goes where...

Attachments
AAR4.gif
AAR4.gif (569.4 KiB) Viewed 55 times
Peter
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes, your setup is very similar to what I have to use since WIF isn't properly supporting 2 screens.

Thanks!
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: csiemers

Yes, your setup is very similar to what I have to use since WIF isn't properly supporting 2 screens.

Thanks!

Try to move the detailed map unto the second monitor and see what happens. You should be OK if you only put the detailed map on the second monitor with the mainform on the first one.
Peter
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: csiemers

Thanks!

I have the main map on my 24" on the left, and the main form upper middle on a 17" on the right. Works perfectly.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Just curious - which one does Windows think is the "Primary" monitor? (I bet its the 17" one.)
Paul
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Just curious - which one does Windows think is the "Primary" monitor? (I bet its the 17" one.)

Nope - the 24"

I had problems when the Main form was in the upper left corner of the 17". But they are all gone now it is off-set more to the middle.

Here's a screenshot:

Attachments
2014_03_07..reenshot.jpg
2014_03_07..reenshot.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 55 times

Return to “Tech Support”