Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Hello, I am trying to be more methodic with my Japanese convoys

question on option: Do not refuel. Would it still refuel in its home port?

second question: where could i find good convoy compositions? or some place where the tracker's CS cargo planning tab is thoroughly explained?
I think I understand like around 80% of it, but I am not sure.
For example, I found in the tracker that for the Hakodate(lv6)-Ominato(lv5) resource rooute,
- A TF of 14 Gozan class xAKs will meet the optimal port load, carrying 32,340 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 196 fuel per traveling day.
- A TF of 6 Kyushu class xAKs will meet optimal port load, carrying 32,472 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 180 fuel per traveling day.
- A TF of 7 Aden class xAKs will meet the optimal port load, carrying 32,690 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 203 fuel per traveling day.

With these options, I would choose the Gozan as the best, mainly due to the fact that Kyushu, being a fast xAK, is better used somewhere else. Gozan on the other hand is a slow ship, but speed is not a problem for so short trip

Am I correct?

thanks
Jorge_Stanbury

RE: Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

And question# 3

would it be better to have 2 or 3 TFs doing this route?
or in other words, would having potentially 2/ 3 CS TF trying to unload at the same time slow the overall process?
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Do not refuel means just that and the TF will not take on fuel at any port. You will need to manually load fuel but not a bad idea for the Japanese player.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Do not refuel means just that and the TF will not take on fuel at any port. You will need to manually load fuel but not a bad idea for the Japanese player.

Then the screen is a bit deceptive; when I hover the mouse, it reads: "refueling options at destination, click to change".

anyway, the problem is that I will need to manage manually all my CS TFs. TFs taking fuel from home island is bad, but running out of fuel in the middle of the ocean is worst.

A pitty there is not an option to "Refuel at Home port only"
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

From my observations (limited as they are yet) I think CS convoys fuel at both ends. I tried it with 'Do Not Fuel' option and when I checked the convoys (which I always do even if CS, nervious newbe) they seem to fuel at both ends of the run. Yeah, I'd like a 'Refuel at home port' option too.

A good place to see recommendations for this is in an economic primer by one of the posters here. Sorry I can't recall who did it but he's here all the time and I found it immensely hellpful. I believe the link is even in his signature area. I modify it for my style of play, but it saved me countless hours trying to figure it all out.

Yep, you're spot one with the 14 Gozen convoy in the north. I've been using 3-10 ship Gozens running back and forth, but I've increased Ominato's port size and I ship the Sakhalin resources to Wakkanai. Some don't like this but I'm new and I'll try my way first (even if I'm wrong[:D]).
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “The War Room”