Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tyrador

Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS)

Post by Tyrador »

Hello everyone! Does anybody know what are the best game settings for a guaranteed Shakturi appearance?

My settings:
- 10x10 galaxy
- 700 stars
- 9 races
- slowest research speed

Beacon of Shaktur in my games appear around year 2200, after investigating it nothing happens. Almost half of research tree has been researched by year 2260, still no Shakturi. Maybe I should increase research speed in settings? Thank you!
Flinkebeinchen

RE: Shakturi appearance? (SPOILERS)

Post by Flinkebeinchen »

You need fast Research, the Shakturi only appears after all Races have a certain techlvl.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

You need fast Research, the Shakturi only appears after all Races have a certain techlvl.

Which level? 2nd or 3rd?
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

The Shakturi are great but currently they are set to appear WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too late in the game.

Particularly on higher difficulties they should be appearing BEFORE we are remotely close to being ready for them.

Flinkebeinchen

Post by Flinkebeinchen »

Nobody except the Developer knows exactly which techlvl is necessary, only thing I know is that after a certain techlvl you can discover the "Shakturi Beacon" on any planet. After exploring it the Shakturi appear near the edge and settle down.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

Nobody except the Developer knows exactly which techlvl is necessary, only thing I know is that after a certain techlvl you can discover the "Shakturi Beacon" on any planet. After exploring it the Shakturi appear near the edge and settle down.
Sadly they don't appear, regardless of me investigating Shakturi Beacon or not. Hopefully in next expansion devs will give modding opportunity on Shakturi.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Can you confirm the Refugees of Eruktah (i.e. the Shakturi reveal comes later) have not showed up Tyrador?

Maybe technology levels are still not high enough. Whatever the limit is ... I understand it's a lot higher than halfway.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: Icemania

Can you confirm the Refugees of Eruktah (i.e. the Shakturi reveal comes later) have not showed up Tyrador?

Maybe technology levels are still not high enough. Whatever the limit is ... I understand it's a lot higher than halfway.

Yes, they did not show up. Now my tech tree is 70% complete...still no Eruktah. That's really annoying. I'll start another game and increase research speed.
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

Sadly they don't appear, regardless of me investigating Shakturi Beacon or not. Hopefully in next expansion devs will give modding opportunity on Shakturi.

If you triggered the Beacon, they're around.
CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

Not in my case. Where do they appear?
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

I would love to see a modification to the Shakturi's arrival, to make it a little more mysterious and a little less predictable. Suppose once you trigger the beacon, 3-5 refugee races show up, claiming to be fleeing the great Shakturi menace. All but one of those races is actually telling the truth, and the remaining one is the real Shakturi race, which only reveals itself later. Keep the player guessing for a while!

The game could even plant some hints as to which one is the real Shakturi, which the player could uncover by espionage, exploration, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread. [:)]
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

I would love to see a modification to the Shakturi's arrival, to make it a little more mysterious and a little less predictable. Suppose once you trigger the beacon, 3-5 refugee races show up, claiming to be fleeing the great Shakturi menace. All but one of those races is actually telling the truth, and the remaining one is the real Shakturi race, which only reveals itself later. Keep the player guessing for a while!

The game could even plant some hints as to which one is the real Shakturi, which the player could uncover by espionage, exploration, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread. [:)]
Very good idea Cauldyth! Please post this in the Master Wishlist! [&o]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Done! [:)]
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Agree again Cauldyth but they still need to come WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY earlier

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

Not in my case. Where do they appear?

Sometimes another Empire triggers the Beacon, so in that case you won't immediately see them.

They generally take up residence along the edge, but no always.

Have you explored the entire Galaxy?

If you don't see them, I'd like to see a Save game of that.

Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

I may be off but I seem to recall from past forum posts long ago that tech needs to be 4+ (for all races) and a certain high percentage of continental planets need to be inhabited. Don’t quote me on this as the older I get the less accurate my memory gets lol.

Jim
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

I may be off but I seem to recall from past forum posts long ago that tech needs to be 4+ (for all races) and a certain high percentage of continental planets need to be inhabited. Don’t quote me on this as the older I get the less accurate my memory gets lol.

Jim

I think there are different ways to reach the appearance of the Beacon, overall Galaxy Tech level, Galaxy colonization, or a combination of the two.

Might be another as well, but these are just determinates of the Beacon of Shaktur showing up.

You can actually have the Beacon sitting in a game indefinitely and nothing will happen.
It's only when you or another Empire actually explore the Beacon that things kick into gear.

Seeing the Beacon just means things are ready, it has to be triggered by investigating it.

Icemania

Post by Icemania »

All, to narrow this down a bit, when the Shakturi first appear in your games, could I suggest recording in this thread the settings and galaxy status at the time?

Or better yet some clarity from Elliott ...

ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

You have most likely missed a Beacon or you need only 1 tech line at level 5 or 6.

I think they arrive at the good time.The ancients save your ass.

elanaagain

Post by elanaagain »

@ You have most likely missed a Beacon or you need only 1 tech line at level 5 or 6.
I think they arrive at the good time.The ancients save your ass.
< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 3/13/2014 9:27:59 PM >

what if you have conquered the ancients?
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”